“Lots of Fun, Even with an Ice Storm!”
Review of First Farm Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Petersburg
First Farm Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Petersburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Many Bed and Breakfasts have a strict adults-only policy. Others may welcome families, but their atmosphere would only keep the interest of older generations. First Farm Inn, located near Petersburg, Kentucky, is a Bed and Breakfast unlike any other! This is an ideal place to stay for a family vacation or mother-daughter getaway. First Farm Inn is the closest accommodation to the Creation Museum, which is a quick two-mile drive away. Host Jen is very friendly and knowledgeable about the area, and will provide you with insider information! First Farm Inn has many “green” practices that benefit the environment without inconveniencing the guests.

Two rooms are available. Both room rates include a delicious, made-to-order breakfast that will leave you with a full belly! The Inn also provides sitting rooms, a book and game library, and even a hot tub on the porch!

Outside, there is even more to do on First Farm Inn acreage! The scenic country on rolling hills provides views of this beautiful tri-state area. If you walk outside, you will likely run into a friendly dog or cat. (Your room even has a pictorial guide so you know the names of the animals you meet!) Kentucky is known for their derby horses, and at First Farm Inn, you can meet some horses up-close! Riding lessons are also available, even if you are not staying the night. Sundance was a beautiful horse that was gentle and diligent as I rode him for our two-hour session. Jen is an excellent riding instructor and helped me become a decent rider, even though I had very little experience around horses!

I enjoyed my stay at First Farm Inn, and I know you will, too!

Room Tip: I stayed in the downstairs room, which was very nice. I didn't see the upstairs room, so I'm...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for First Farm Inn

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I went stayed for two nights for our tenth wedding anniversary and it was our first B&B experience. It was, without doubt, perfect. The room was gorgeous breakfast, chosen from a robust menu, was divine. Breakfast conversation with Jen and her daughter Tatiana was charming and fun.

The house and grounds are immaculate and Jen is a brilliant instructor when it comes to getting a novice like me on a horse. We had a beautiful morning ride all over the farm and my wife and I both agreed that we couldn't have made a better plan for our anniversary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We really enjoyed our riding experience. Jen is a great instructor who really knows her stuff. Breakfasts were wonderful and made to order. Very pleasant experience with lots of activities in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I met up with 3 college roommates from different states for a girls weekend recently. We enjoyed finding a place where we could all be together. Two of use, who have no contact with animals or each other in our lives daily, developed red itchy, painful bumps on our skin within 24 hours of leaving the inn. They were most consistent with flea bites (I am a doctor and had other doctor friends also examine my bumps!), prompting a massive cleaning freak out on my part to make sure that none had traveled home with me. Lots of cleaning, purchasing of chemicals, time spent worrying about this, etc. Same thing for my friend in another state. The other 2 appeared to be ok, which is sometimes the case with fleas depending on a person's reactivity.

We know that their kitties were in our room at various points during our stay, so we voiced our concerns to the owner in an email. We also asked that the affected people (2 of 4) be reimbursed for our stay. (Which we thought was pretty nice to just ask for that and not a total refund!) We received back an email from the owner stating that they had cleaned the area and did not think that it could possibly be their animals or house. And refused to refund us or compensate us in any way.

The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. It defies logic to think that we simultaneously developed the exact same flea-bite appearing bumps by being in the same location, with animals, and it not being related to the inn. Additionally, I felt that the inn keeper's response was insufficient and ungracious. She invited us back to stay again, but I don't think there is any chance that is going to happen. And I don't want anyone else to go through what we have.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank BFH2012
Jen313, Owner at First Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

It’s awful to have allergy problems. I’m sorry the girls did, but blaming us is simply dishonest. The allergies appeared on Monday. They left the house Sunday morning. Had they been bitten by fleas, they would have woken up Saturday morning with flea bites. They sent photos which showed an allergic reaction pattern unlike flea bites. Claiming one guest is an M.D. seems to give them credence. Ask a vet, they know what flea bites look like. Look online.
We have been in business for 17 years, following all the regional Health Department standards and taking much more care in cleaning than most people do with their homes. We have NEVER had fleas, not even a problem outside. Our animals are treated with systemic flea protection regularly. Our elderly cat had just been to the vet and not found to have “any bugs” about 10 days before their visit. If one cat had fleas, they all would.
Despite the fact no one who stayed in the room before or after them had any problems, we apologized, took the accusation seriously (while knowing it could not be true) and took every additional precaution we could: bombed the room with insecticide, washed every layer of bedding, sprayed all the corners, reapplied insecticide on all the cats and dog. None of us who live here (two of whom have allergies) have had any reactions.
Yet, in less time than I got notified of the review, several people have “liked” it. And despite thanking us for a wonderful weekend, she later falsely accused us of having fleas and demands a refund.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at First Farm Inn for 2 nights as part of our anniversary trip. We loved it and wished we could stay longer but we had to get back to our kids. The food was great, the house was clean and in order and Jen was very friendly. The 3 of us took a ride for a good amount of time. While out we were able to gain a lot of information about the horses and their care (we plan to have some in the future). We had never been to a B&B before and this was a great first experience! We plan to return and will share with our friends and family. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kelli L
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took a long weekend here last fall as our honeymoon. Jen and her family (both 2 legged and 4) were incredibly friendly, intelligent and accommodating.
The house was very clean and comfortable. We went riding twice and Jen was great at matching us up with horses that matched our limited riding experience. She also was a huge help in suggesting things to do while we were there because we are from out of town (Rabbit Hash is a must do experience!)
The breakfasts were amazing and she was very accommodating since I am a vegetarian.
We will definitely be back and HIGHLY recommend it!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulieRabbitt
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a quiet weekend in the country. The owners were very friendly. I enjoyed my conversations with the husband and daughter. The wife was nice but didn't get a chance to have an extended conversation with her because she was taking people out horse back riding. All the participants seem like they were having a great time. I hope next time I can bring my oldest daughter for a daddy daughter weekend. The inn was clean and there was a wonderful movie collection. I will recommend this place to all my friends!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg

Been to First Farm Inn? Share your experiences!