“Clean and Friendly but Slow Internet!”

Holiday Inn Express Pikeville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pikeville
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Recently stayed a week here for work and was pleased with my stay. Check in was fast and simple and the front desk staff was extremely friendly. When I arrived I was very pleased with how clean my room was. I had a suite room with 2 queen beds and was impressed by the size of the room. Even had a separate room with a couch and TV. This hotel is beginning to show its age a little bit, especially in the bathroom-tiles and bath tub need replaced. But the bathroom was spacious and had plenty of sink space. The day to day room cleaning was done really well, only bad thing is they start cleaning by 9am which may wake you up if you are trying to sleep in. There are a few restaurants all really close; Dairy Queen, Captain D's, Mexican Restaurant and local Italian place Applebee's and Texas Roadhouse is only about 5 minutes down the road.

Only real bad thing about the hotel was the internet speed. It was terribly slow, both wifi and cable, and made the simple task of doing emails difficult because of this. I found the internet on my phone to be 10 times as fast as what the hotel provided. Also it seemed as if there was very little parking. If you have a large vehicle or a pull behind trailer not sure where you would be able to park it.

I never had any problems with the noise level from the nearby highway and slept well every night. If I'm back in Pikeville I will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank G-Man09
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Pikeville

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights while visiting family, clean rooms, kids played in pool both days, nice breakfast with good service, friendly staff overall, good location to restaurants, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013

One night business stay. If you are approaching this hotel from the west, be sure and turn right in before you reach the hotel and then take a sharp curve away from the hotel, follow the fence until it ends and then turn into what looks like a parking lot for a fast food place. Trust me, it is the entrance road. You will see a blood bank and head for it and you will reach the hotel. After you get to the hotel you will enjoy a nice property with friendly staff. Check-in was quick, the room was large and clean, and the bed comfortable for a good night's sleep. The hotel is on the river and you can walk down to the river edge. It made me wish for a fishing pole but not sure about license requirements and such. It also looked like a boat ramp but not sure if it was public of not. There are a few places to eat nearby but I took a ride into Pikeville and learned more about the Pikeville cut. Fascinating story about moving the mountain, filling in the river bed and creating 400 acres of land for Pikeville. An interesting place and a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I am glad we chose to stay at the Holiday Inn. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There are many food choices near the hotel. Yes it is close to the road and the railroad tracks and yes you can here the vehicles, however at night with the air conditioning unit running I was never disturbed by these.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My family and I thought the staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and large. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast of fresh pancakes, gravy & biscuits and hot cinnamon rolls. We will stay here again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: My tip is not about the best room to choose, but about how to get into the hotel parking lot. It is...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We needed to travel to town for a Funeral. There was very limited selection, but we were familiar with the Holiday Inn. We were there for 2 nights and have no complaints. We checked in very late with no issues. There were some cookies waiting in the lobby for us. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was okay, but limited if you are vegetarian or vegan. Only issue was that the remote for the TV did not work. However, I didn't notify them to let them get a chance to fix. So, really that is fine.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Second time staying this past weekend. Second time my room with a king sized bed given away. The advise of the front desk clerk; call the hotel directly after making online reservation to ensure you get what you want. Hhhhmmmm good advise. The Internet means nothing.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Steven C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pikeville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Steven C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikeville
Hampton Inn Pikeville
#4 of 5 in Prestonsburg
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Clintwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pikeville? Share your experiences!