“OK for a Motel”
Review of Stratton Inn

Stratton Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 6 October 2013

There are not many choices in Princeton, so I picked the Stratton since it was a single story motel. I found that it does have a second section that has two stories, but i stayed in the main section. It was ok for what I consider a motel instead of a hotel: outside access to rooms, not many amenities. The room did have a microwave and a fridge. The continental breakfast wasn't anything to speak of, with just cereal and oatmeal. It was clean enough and the room did have a recliner. So I put it as average, nothing spectacular.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Barry S

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were concerned about finding a clean, safe place to stay as we were in a very rural area but we were so pleasantly surprised! My husband, large dog and I stayed at the Stratton Inn. The room was extremely clean, the bedding and pillows was more comfortable than some of the more expensive hotels where we have stayed. There was plenty of green areas to walk the dog which is not usually the case. We were too late getting up for the breakfast but the coffee was freshly brewed and the owner's wife offered us fruit. Very nice group! Also have WI-FI...important to us.

Room Tip: I asked to see the room prior to booking it and was shown 2! Both were great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Judith T
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Recently stayed at the Stratton Inn for 2 nights. Our room was clean. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Location was easy to find - right off the highway. And best of all very affordable prices! Continental breakfast was small but that was OK. Would definitely come back again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The rooms have comfortable, home-like furnishings. The beds have a fluffy duvet instead of a stiff, polyester bedspread like most hotels. There are both firm and soft pillows on each bed so everyone can have the type they want. The bathrooms were beautiful and the shower was great!
My favorite part of my stay was the hot, delicious breakfast served each morning in the lobby. There were cinnamon rolls, Donuts, biscuits and gravy, bananas, cereal, breads/toast,milk,orange juce and more! It saves a lot of time and money to be able to enjoy a hot breakfast at the hotel.Will stay again if back in area

Room Tip: very nice staff clean room quite area
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kaith b
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the stratton inn for a one night stay. I am usually not picky about accommodations, so please don't think I am just being overly critical. The room was extremely hot when we got there. No one bothered to turn the air on before we got there even though we made reservations in advance. The room itself was very dingy. I don't mind the dated look, but it wasn't clean. The bathroom was gross. Other peoples pubic hairs on the floor and bugs as well. Yuck! Finally the air condition was soooo loud. I had to finally turn it off in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep. Overall, I would not recommend this place unless it is a necessity.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Kuglerei
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Came into Princeton at the last minute for a funeral. I called the day that I left to see if I could bring our small dog and was informed it would be a 20.00 additional fee. Informed the front desk person that we would need an extended check out because it was hot and our dog could not be in the car during the service. I was told initially that the dog could stay in the room until 1pm for an additional 10.00 so I told them that that would not work and I would just board the dog. They wanted my money (30.00 bucks just for the dog to stay) so they changed their initial offer to 3:00 pm. My husband called the front desk the evening we checked in to confirm this arrangement again, as I had the sneaking suspicion that they were going to try and screw us somehow. The next morning we went to the funeral and burial and decided to go back to the church for a meal thinking that we had paid for the room until 3pm. Upon retiring the key we were informed that they were going to charge us for another night. Reminded them of the arrangement that we spoke of TWICE and they denied that this existed and tried to negotiate charging us half. RIDICULOUS. This hotel already costs 60.00 a night. Here's what you get: an incredibly hard bed with a dirty blanket, the world's loudest window unit that they can not even bother to turn on before someone checks in( mind you it's Kentucky in august), and rooms have clearly not been updated since around 1989. Skip this place- I have a feeling it's not the first time they have tried to swindle their customers.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Ocracoke82
Reviewed 8 October 2011

A family member and I stayed here while in Princeton for a funeral. While the owners were friendly and our room was on the back side of the main section and therefore quiet, we found the room to be needing some serious updating. The door to our room (and others as well) was badly chipping, the wallpaper throughout was dingy and peeling from the wall, the chairs and table were broken and needing repairs, the linens were old and thin, the bed and pillows were uncomfortable; everything from the floor up should be replaced. The air conditioners of many of the rooms look damaged from the outside, and ours clunked loudly on the low cool setting. Would not stay here again unless I had no other choice in the area!

Room Tip: Owner told us after we had been there two days that there are newer rooms in another section that we...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Caryn H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Regency Inn
Pennyrile Forest State Resort Lodge
Americas Best Value Inn- Land Between The Lakes
Hampton Inn by Hilton Kuttawa/Eddyville
Americas Best Value Inn- Princeton

Been to Stratton Inn? Share your experiences!