“Better than nastiville”

Stratton Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Princeton
“Better than nastiville”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

After our terrible experience in Dawson Springs we found The Stratton Inn. She knew about that "hotel" down there and felt sorry for us. The rooms was non smoking, clean and doable. The bed wasn't the greatest but there was a recliner. No stains on the floor or on sheets.
We were very pleased to stay in the one story section and the room was quite spacious. Kind service and clean room.

Room Tip: We liked the one story section.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Melissa W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

My room was very clean, quiet and welcoming. The mattress was a bit hard but I slept well. The room had a good clean smell. Carpets were without stains. Management was attentive and kind. Laundry facility on site worked as well as at home. I will come back here each time I am in the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank msolomon1973
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 6 October 2013

There are not many choices in Princeton, so I picked the Stratton since it was a single story motel. I found that it does have a second section that has two stories, but i stayed in the main section. It was ok for what I consider a motel instead of a hotel: outside access to rooms, not many amenities. The room did have a microwave and a fridge. The continental breakfast wasn't anything to speak of, with just cereal and oatmeal. It was clean enough and the room did have a recliner. So I put it as average, nothing spectacular.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Barry S
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were concerned about finding a clean, safe place to stay as we were in a very rural area but we were so pleasantly surprised! My husband, large dog and I stayed at the Stratton Inn. The room was extremely clean, the bedding and pillows was more comfortable than some of the more expensive hotels where we have stayed. There was plenty of green areas to walk the dog which is not usually the case. We were too late getting up for the breakfast but the coffee was freshly brewed and the owner's wife offered us fruit. Very nice group! Also have WI-FI...important to us.

Room Tip: I asked to see the room prior to booking it and was shown 2! Both were great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Judith T
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Recently stayed at the Stratton Inn for 2 nights. Our room was clean. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Location was easy to find - right off the highway. And best of all very affordable prices! Continental breakfast was small but that was OK. Would definitely come back again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The rooms have comfortable, home-like furnishings. The beds have a fluffy duvet instead of a stiff, polyester bedspread like most hotels. There are both firm and soft pillows on each bed so everyone can have the type they want. The bathrooms were beautiful and the shower was great!
My favorite part of my stay was the hot, delicious breakfast served each morning in the lobby. There were cinnamon rolls, Donuts, biscuits and gravy, bananas, cereal, breads/toast,milk,orange juce and more! It saves a lot of time and money to be able to enjoy a hot breakfast at the hotel.Will stay again if back in area

Room Tip: very nice staff clean room quite area
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kaith b
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the stratton inn for a one night stay. I am usually not picky about accommodations, so please don't think I am just being overly critical. The room was extremely hot when we got there. No one bothered to turn the air on before we got there even though we made reservations in advance. The room itself was very dingy. I don't mind the dated look, but it wasn't clean. The bathroom was gross. Other peoples pubic hairs on the floor and bugs as well. Yuck! Finally the air condition was soooo loud. I had to finally turn it off in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep. Overall, I would not recommend this place unless it is a necessity.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Kuglerei
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Regency Inn
#2 of 4 in Grand Rivers
Hampton Inn by Hilton Kuttawa/Eddyville
Pennyrile Forest State Resort Lodge
Americas Best Value Inn- Princeton

Been to Stratton Inn? Share your experiences!