“Good Asian food”

Tokyo
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Radcliff
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My Mom and I were wanted some Asain food. This restaurant has been open about a year. Located in a strip mall, it has a nice Asian entrance and furnishings look oriental. The menu offers a modest amount of Asian foods and sushi. The servers are friendly, but can't explain the menu very well. We chose the Mongolian Grill, for which they give a bowl that you fill yourself from a meat and vegetable buffet that is raw. You select from a dozen or more raw, chopped vegetables and 4 meats including chicken, beef, pork, and shrimp. You can also chose from 8 different sauces and rice and noodles. You take this bowl to the grill man who takes your bowl, puts your food on on a large stainless steel grill like you see at other group hibachi grills, but this is not one of those group hibachi restaurants. He will cook everything and place on a plate for you. It fills up a large platter. I like choosing what I want in my fried rice or fried noodles. We enjoyed our meal.

There are newer reviews for Tokyo

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We took the kids here for a Friday during Lent and really enjoyed our time. The kids meals are sparse but we had enough food to fill everyone up. Pad Thai was a little different than I'm used to getting on the east coast, California Rolls was plenty for my other child, and my husband and I shared the seafood hibachi and had too much so we shared it! Not a lot of lobster on it but lots of everything else - delicious rice, crisp sautéed vegetables, amazing scallops (kids ate almost all of them) and to die for shrimp. Craving it again as I write about it! It's hard to find "fine dining" in this area but Tokyo is the closest we get and I'll be back.

1  Thank shoresoftheworld
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We went there tonite on urging from my son who already was there with his friends. The food was delicious. We did the Mongolian Grill and was surprised how much food you can fit into a bowl for them to cook up it was delicious. The sauces really make it pop. The service was nice a little on the slow side but she was nice enough. The atmosphere was good for the dinner. Not to crowded and we had a lot of fun. This is a new step to eating Japanese with out the whole cooking in front of you thing and without the high price. The sweet tea was excellent too. I will be back with family again.

1  Thank D C
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit and each time I was impressed. The food us great and the service is always quick and friendly. The sushi is very good and the Mongolian grill has a good selection and is delicious.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Usually when we go Japanese, we go to a place with the hibachi grills, however we had heard good things about Tokyo. Both visits we were seated quickly, the waitresses were right there to take our drink orders and welcomed us to the restaurant. Prices were reasonable and the bathrooms were spotless.

Although they have a Mongolean (sp) meal we ordered off the menu. The first time I had the crunchy shrimp, simply delicious and more than I could eat. The second time I had the crunchy duck, outstanding. My wife had sushi both visits and now other restaurants' sushi are a big disappointment. We will make this a regular place to eat. Loved it!

1  Thank Gary P