“Great place to stay!”
Review of Gold Vault Inn

Gold Vault Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Radcliff
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights to see my son when he came home from Afghanistan. The hotel location is less than 5 minutes from the Ft Knox gate. The staff was very nice and helped with anything that we needed. Our room had two queen beds, a microwave, mini fridge and had plenty of room. The room was very clean, the bathroom was a little small but it was clean and sufficient. Each morning the free breakfast area was ready with coffee, milk, juice, cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, etc. In addition to these, each morning was a new breakfast item, biscuits and sausage gravy, bacon, and more. The pool area was HUGE and very well maintained! The wi-fi was great! I take online classes and even though I was on a mini vacation I had classwork to do. I had no problems whatsoever. Yes, the decor in the rooms was a little outdated but we didn't mind one bit. Also, if you like pizza, try Snappy Tomato! They deliver fast and it is so good!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We've stayed there twice while house hunting and moving to that area. The staff was always courteous and helpful with information about the area. The breakfast area is a little small, but has the basics including waffles. Many of the mattresses are new and they're really firm with a thin pillow-top. I'd stay there again, but not with a pet. The one time pet fee is pretty pricey at $75 if you're only staying one night in a room that costs about the same.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Gold Vault Inn, Radcliff, KY for an army reunion.
The hotel was surprisingly nice, outdated, but nice. The indoor pool/hot tub areas were very clean and inviting. Our room was very spacious with a couch, coffee table, desk. table and 2 dining room type chairs. It had a small refrig and microwave, in the entry way along with a shelf that we used for a bar. Our room had a king bed that was pretty comfy. I will say the floral décor and carpet is very outdated, but still in good condition. We did not have the free breakfast, as our group went out for breakfast, so I have no comment there. It seemed they had coffee available all day there. There is no restaurant with this hotel, but many on the Dixie Highway. Also a super Walmart is very near by.
Yes, I would definitely stay here again especially for the reasonable price.

Room Tip: spend the little extra for the suite type room especially if you have more than 2 people.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Provided Hotel with my Tax exempt paperwork and the hotel lost it-their problem, not mine but they refused to remove the taxes from my bill. Desk clerk not helpful or even friendly. Asked for contact information for owner and clerk would not provide.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Craig J
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Gold Vault Inn two times a year. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We really enjoy the breakfast bar. The only two problems I had was that the mattress was like sleeping on a board. Plus the shower didn't work.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stayed here for a week on business. While the hotel is close to Fort Knox, making for an easy commute, I would never recommend it. I asked for a King room but was given two double beds instead. The room was cramped and both beds were hard as rocks. I usually like a firm mattress, but this was just ridiculous. I would have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor but didn't want to risk it since the carpet was gummy and stained. The bathroom is so small that you can't actually get in the shower with the door open. The housecleaning staff left hair all over the vanity and bathroom floor and never made the bed beyond straightening out the top blanket. I won't be returning to this hotel again. It's better to just stay in Elizabeth town and make the drive every day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kenandsteph1
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the Gold Vault over the weekend while visiting family and friends. The hotel itself has definitely been around a long time. I remember staying there over 20 years ago and I think they are still using the same bedding and decor. I definitely would say that the hotel is need of some serious updating to modernize it. I had a hard time sleeping because I am use to a ton of pillows on my own bed and I am also use to a pillowtop mattress. The beds at this hotel are firm (at least in the room I was in). The breakfast bar is more of a continental breakfast with hard boiled eggs, bagels, muffins and canned fruit in syrup... nothing to write home about. I would recommend going to Jerry's or Waffle House for breakfast. There wasn't free internet that I could figure out how to use so I used my iPad that had Verizon embedded service in it and it worked fine. The hotel has an indoor pool that seemed to be well maintained; however I didn't actually get in it.

Overall, my stay wasn't negative nor was it spectacular. I would say it was very average but it was also a good value. The hotel I normally stay at was booked but I would stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberly S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radcliff
Hampton Inn & Suites Radcliff/Fort Knox
Holiday Inn Express Radcliff
Golden Manor Inn & Suites
Golden Manor Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Muldraugh

Been to Gold Vault Inn? Share your experiences!