“Comfort at a bargain price”

Econo Lodge Fort Knox
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Radcliff
Nashville, Tennessee
“Comfort at a bargain price”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was in town for a week long house hunting trip. The hotel is older, but has been well maintained. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The rate was very good and I was pleasantly surprised with an additional discount for staying a week. The breakfast was pretty basic, but everything was fresh and there was plenty of tables and chairs without feeling crowded. There were several restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The only negative was the beds were a bit too soft and the edge of the mattresses between the beds were worn out. If you were not in the center of the bed, you would feel like you were going to fall in the floor. The staff was friendly and pleasant, meeting any request I had with a smile. I would recommend this Econo-Lodge for anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sam P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Fort Knox, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
We offer BEST deal for short long term room rates in the area. Thank you for sharing your experence when staying at our Econo Lodge Fort Knox/ Radcliff, KY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I didn't expect much from the room or service, but it certainly exceeded my expectations. The price was reasonable. The room was clean and large enough. The service was very good; the door for the first room we were given was frozen, and they didn't make any sort of fuss, just apologized for the inconvenience and moved us to another. All things considered, it was a good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Sam P, Manager at Econo Lodge Fort Knox, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
I apologize about the switching the room and thank you for staying with us. Sam- GM
Brandenburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed for two nights and I was very pleased with the service, room quality, and my overall stay. The staff is very nice treated me like their own family if I must say so myself. And the rooms were very clean and well maintained I would def stay at this hotel again. Close to restaurants and just a very nice place in general. I recommend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us. Sam-GM
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Not worth the $70 dollars a night they demand. Beds were old and broken down. Some lights were not working in the room. The area around the hotel was clean though... however, I'm not paying to sleep outside.
oh, and whoever wrote the page long review below, you don't get out much or this is the hotel staff leaving a phony review...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

WORST SERVICE EVER/ DIRTIEST ROOMS EVER I have never felt so mistreated at a hotel before. The rooms were filthy. When I say filthy I mean filthy. When you tell management about problems they do not care in the least little bit. The customer service from the lady at the desk was the the worst I have ever experienced also. She said if you don't like it then just leave. When I offered to leave she did not offer a refund.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Weeklyhotelgoer

Travellers are raving about these Radcliff hotels

Nashville, TN area
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed for one night while in the area. When I arrived without a reservation in place at about 4 pm, I observed the property to be extremely nice looking, clean, in good repair, and with no shady people or vehicles lurking about. The evening-shift front desk clerk was polite, helpful, and extremely nice. My cost was $70.77 per night with the government employee discount. There was a computer in the clean lobby with internet access - I don't know anything about WiFi at this property as I don't carry a laptop with me. As my expectations for "budget" motels (less than $100/night) aren't very high, I figured that this place would be at least adequate for an overnight stay.

There are no pets allowed at this motel, but there are ways around that if you have a small, quiet, clean dog and you request a room on the back side of the property, right??? My room was easy to find and parking was right outside my first floor door.

The room was spotlessly clean: no nasty smells (in fact, there was a pleasant almost-perfume-like smell as if a cleaning product actually smelled nice); both the air-conditioning and the heater functions worked perfectly; the beds were just as clean as my own at home (in fact, the sheets & pillowcases not only of adequate thickness - not threadbare - they felt as if they'd just been ironed with a little starch!); the large TV, microwave, small refrigerator, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, and small coffee maker all worked flawlessly; the upholstery of the chairs in the room was clean; in the double bed rooms, there was an extra pillow on the closet shelf; the towels (washcloth, hand, and bath-sized) were plentiful, fluffy, and even smelled freshly-laundered; the bathroom floor, the toilet, the shower, and the shower curtain were clean; no bugs, no dirt, no grime, and no mold or mildew anywhere. To be honest, I was really surprised at the cleanliness of this "budget" motel.

After settling in, as a coffee drinker, I decided to make a 5-cup pot of joe with the coffee maker on the bathroom sink's counter. There was 1 package of regular brew and 1 package of decaf brew with 3 or 4 little plastic packages containing 2 packs of sugars, 2 packs of creamer, 2 stir-sticks, and a napkin. After starting the pot with the package of regular brew, I grabbed the package of decaf and walked to the office. I asked the front desk lady clerk if I might trade the unopened decaf package for another regular brew package and maybe another couple of packages with sugar/creamer, etc. as I'm a 'round-the-clock coffee drinker and use only sugar in my cup. She disappeared for a minute and returned with 4-5 packages of regular brew and a small styrofoam bowl filled with individual sugar packets and said, "How's this for ya?" Wow!

Into the evening hours and overnight, there were no noises at all from any other guests. I would recommend staying on the back side of the building as the front side is on the major 5-lane street in Radcliff. Later in the evening, I went to the lobby to check my email on the computer. There was another guest on it and I milled around for a couple of minutes, but he apparently was gonna be awhile. I smiled & waved to the front desk lady clerk and returned to my room. About 15-20 minutes later, the phone in my room rang. The front desk lady clerk advised me that the other guest had left the lobby and the computer was open for use. Wow! The neighborhood/area around the motel is very nice and I wasn't uncomfortable at all taking my small, quiet, clean dog for a little walk at about 10 pm.

The beds were firm (as I like 'em) and I slept like a baby. The next morning, while filling up my cooler for the road trip, I discovered that the nearby ice machine worked flawlessly. The continental breakfast in the breakfast room next to the lobby was more than adequate: cereal, fruit, breads, coffee, no juice, milk, or yogurt, but this wasn't the Holiday Inn Express either. Check-out by the day shift front desk clerk was quick, professional, and friendly.

I'm not a world traveler; I stay overnight out-of-town in motels a few times a year. I like motels where you can park right outside your door. I like first floor rooms - easy in, easy out with a minimum of interaction with other humans. This place met my requirements when I pulled in the driveway. I was not prepared for the outstanding level of customer service provided by the front desk staff and the absolute cleanliness of the room. For less than a hundred bucks a night, this EconoLodge is a gem. I would stay there again and I would certainly recommend this location to anyone in the area.

Room Tip: Since there is a main street on the front side of the property, choosing a room on the back side is...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Eric M
Anderson, California
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My stay at this hotel was really just right. My son was injured in Afghanistan and I needed to come spend some time with him. The hotel is close to the Army base , so he could come at his lunch break and after hours. It gave him time to rest and visit . There are restaurants near by as well as some shopping areas and a theater.
The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable, and the staff here are very friendly. My stay was for five days and four nights. Although check out time is at noon, the owner gave me permission to remain in my room until my son comes to get me at 5:00 p.m, no charge.
All in all my experience here was great. I plan to stay here again if I get the opportunity to come visit my son again.
If you are looking for comfort, a friendly place to stay, with low rates, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are probably quieter, though the street noise is very minimal at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Patty S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radcliff
Gold Vault Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 18 in Elizabethtown
Super 8 Radcliff Ft. Knox Area

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Knox? Share your experiences!