“quiet little place off the highway”

Super 8 Radcliff Ft. Knox Area
Super 8 Radcliff Ft. Knox Area
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Radcliff
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I went to Super 8 because they always give the most reasonable price for the area and it's close to FT Knox and quiet. It also has free wifi and breakfast!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay while we looked for a new apartment after moving here from colorado but we have 2 cats, which aren't always welcome. The staff were all very friendly and chatty. The room was clean and had a microwave and fridge as well as an ironing board and iron already in the room. The area is very quiet and so close to post we ended up accidently finding one of the gates. I would definately stay here again and feel comfortable sending friends and family here as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin F
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in and I travel a lot for my civilian job, the military, and for vacations. Upon entering the hotel I detected a foul odor that had no source but was prevalent throughout the entire hotel. The hallway carpets were stained. I asked the front desk clerk for a full-size ironing board but was not given one and had to ask again on the second day of my stay. The bed was not very firm and when I sat on it caved in several inches. The paint on the ceiling fan in the bathroom is peeling and there was a large disgusting stain on the bedspread. There was hair on my sink when I first entered the room. The breakfast is not a Super Start breakfast as advertised. The first morning I stayed here there was oatmeal but no hot water. There were stains on the towels and when I operated the microwave the television screen became snowy. It is 10:30 at night and there are guests talking loudly in the hallway. The hotel actaully charges its guests for faxes and for printing pages from the printer in its business center. I would not recommend that you stay in this hotel. It is one of the worst I have stayed in and I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Shrek1
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We are at Fort Knox frequently for military duty, and stay here anytime the on-post lodging is full. It has been renovated completely in the last couple years (new carpet, bedding, curtains, etc.) I wish they'd gotten new sinks at the same time since the ones they have are pretty worn out, but not that big a deal. It's clean, comfortable and has a very convenient location (extremely close to Fort Knox). And they have just recently added a couple pet rooms and a couple smoking rooms (they were previously 100% smoke-free). These rooms are upstairs, out of the way of general traffic.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms receive less use.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The staff was incredible! They could not do enough for us - they helped with directions, problems with our car rental, etc. Our room was very clean and comfortable, a nice place to sleep after long days! A definite place to stay when you are in the area!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

While this motel is nothing fancy, it is a great choice location-wise for functions at Ft. Knox. SInce we were not in town for very long-graduation dinner one night, ceremony the next day and then gone-this location made getting to Ft. Knox very easy. Again, not fancy at all but adequate for the visit.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank stlmom23
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Stayed here for my nephews graduation from Fort knox basic training. The location is ok. Front staff seemed like they didn't want to be bothered with you. Called the front desk due to issues with the tv, and got the impression we were "bothering" them. Beds were very low, which if you have back and joint issues, is not good. Hotel and rooms were clean enough, but not what id call super clean. breakfast was poor. muffin, cereal and coffee and seating area was x-tra small. not worth what we paid for it in my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radcliff
Gold Vault Inn
6 mi away
Golden Manor Inn & Suites
Golden Manor Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Muldraugh

Been to Super 8 Radcliff Ft. Knox Area? Share your experiences!