“Calling it a dump is an insult to dumps, and way too generous.”
Review of Super 7 Motel

Super 7 Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I've stayed in cheap motels across the country and this is by far the worst I've ever seen. The floor was dirty as hell. No telling when the last time it had been vacuumed. The towels were dirty. Someone actually took the time to fold dirty towels and leave them for us. When we pulled back the cover on the 2nd bed, it was covered in spilled food. Spaghetti-o's maybe?? Also, a cigarette butt was between the cover and the comforter. I'd sooner sleep under my car than to go back. Tip: There is a Red Roof less than a quarter mile away. Look online for a coupon code and the Red Roof is only 2 dollars more.

Room Tip: Find a room at another motel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank GRAVEROBB3R

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This place is awful. We arrived and found bed bugs in the first room he gave us. We told the man and he said that it was impossible. He moved us to a second room where we found not only spiders but more bedbugs. Never once did he apologize and he only gave us our money back when it was demanded. Do not stay here unless it is a part of a fear factor challenge.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank stocks29
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

This is no longer motel 6, it's super 7 motel.
Sticky, dirty carpet full of holes, I had to keep my shoes on the whole time. Disgusting bathroom, I was afraid to take a shower but had to. Non smoking room smelled like an ashtray. This is not a good or even decent hotel. Next time, I will stay at super 8 motel for $10 more. The only perk is that it's cheap and convenient. But what you get is not worth the cheap price you pay.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank gagirl72
Reviewed 20 March 2012

michiblue.. my girlfriend and i stayed at motel 6 in lansing mi three times there are tax on rooms ran across problems they was nice to put us in a room for free next time we went up. you wasted gas by going 20-30 miles up 75

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank megatron44
Reviewed 11 December 2010

do not waste your time staying here. the man in the office who owns the place is very very mean to tennants here. there are people the rent by the month here and no one likes him cuz he is so hard to deal with. and you don't always get your mail. he hollars at people and argues with you every time you talk e with him. very snotty. people have moved from here cuz they are tired of dealing with him. his familly is nice and polite but he is very controlling with them. if he hears them being nice to a tenant he hollers at them and then the next time you try to talk to family member they are afraid to be nice anymore. be aware that these statements are very true and if you decide to stay here by the month, you will have to listen to his crap. he does not think he can get into trouble for treating people like he does. the only thing good about this place is the monthly price and clean room. he has tried ordering me around twice and i won't stand for it, and i told him that. so enter at your own risk. but legaly something will be done. good luck cuz he has told me that customers are always wrong

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank chevy67
Reviewed 17 August 2010

The sign out front said $29.99 and up, and my eyelids were getting quite heavy after driving all day until past midnight. When I asked whether there were still singles available, I was told yes. When I asked for one of the singles, for myself only, I was told that it was a couple dollars more, that the $29.99 was a past deal that worked with a coupon that was no longer offered. When I pressed the issue, saying that they needed to honor the price on their sign, the Middle Eastern / Asian clerk became snotty and defensive. I'm not a person who often raises his voice, and I didn't this time either, but I did tell him what he was doing is false advertising. I was upset enough to find this website to vent my feelings and share my experiences.

I was angry enough that I drove another 20-30 miles up I-75 to Winner's Circle in Georgetown where I've stayed before - a little more expensive ($36+ and tax on top), but honest, friendly, professional service and very nice, large, clean rooms - certainly worth the extra driving and cost.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank michiblue
Reviewed 10 December 2009

Pros:
it was a nice clean room
good rate
friendly front desk person
wi-fi in room

cons:
tv volume control did not work properly

This motel is no longer Motel 6 but Motel 7,I wonder if Super 8 is going to be the next one in line to be there.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple