“Perfect for a quick stop”

Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here on our way to Gatlinburg with our 20 month old. I wanted something clean that offered a quick breakfast, which is exactly what we got. It also had the added benefits of a microwave/fridge, pool, and an incredibly friendly staff. I can't say enough about how nice everyone was. The lady who does the breakfast in the morning had my daughter cracking up and couldn't have been any sweeter. We've got our daughter attached to sleeping with a fan so we brought ours....bad habit, I know. However, I'm really glad we did, because the walls were pretty thin and I could see how it could get loud with doors slamming, TV's, etc. All in all though, for what we paid, I couldn't have been happier :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

I want to start by thanking you for your patronage. Hearing that you had an excellent stay is what each staff member strives to achieve. Carmen will be thrilled to hear that she made such a difference in your stay with us. We hope you stop by again to see us if you are ever passing through.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I'm sitting in the room as I write this review.

Upon checking in this afternoon, the staff was very courteous. No issues here at all.

The amenities of the hotel though do leave some things to be desired.
-The wi-fi is spotty, with an inconsistent signal that seems to cut in and out.
-The room itself is dated looking, appearing as though it has been pieced together with subtle improvements over the past fifteen years.
-The bed is comfortable and clean.
-The availability of the refrigerator and microwave is nice.
-Half of the lightbulbs in the ceiling fixtures were burnt out.
-The trip at the base of the bathroom wall was peeling off the wall and in need of some adhesive.

Perhaps the worst aspect of tonight is the thin walls of the hotel. The television next door is clearly audible over the baseball game that I'm watching. While this could be due to neighbors who are not very aware of their surroundings, it's still pretty bad to have that much noise carrying through the walls. I can also hear some stomping around upstairs.

I suppose that this is a classic case of getting what you pay for. I paid a very reasonable $54 for the night, but I worry if this is going to affect my sleep.

In a pinch, this hotel works, but it's not my first choice. The Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton were both booked.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

I am glad to see that you had no issues with the staff. We are taking in all of your comments, and trying to make changes. It has taken quite a bit of time, but the changes are coming. We hope by the end of 2014 to have all the renovations completed. We do hope you come back again and give us a chance to change your experience to a better one. However, we appreciate your patronage.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This motel I booked after reading reviews on Trip advisor. It was priced more than reasonable. I am glad I had reservations though because I may never have found it going south on I-75. They are getting new signs. It is across the street from the police department so this helped with us feeling safer. The room was clean. Check in and check out was great, and the employees were both friendly and helpful. The check out attendant was Laurie. The only complaint is the towels did not look clean, but I am sure it is because of their water. Otherwise all was great. I only had coffee in the morning, but everything looked good and clean.

1  Thank wlbskb
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

I am so glad to see that your stay was more then pleasurable for you. We are grateful for your patronage, and hope you come back to see us again. It is a great pleasure knowing we made a difference to our guests and were able to make you both feel at ease during your stay. I hope you have safe travels, and come back in to see us.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My stay started making me much more relaxed when I past the towns police station not but a block away. Then to be greeted by this extremely nice helpful lady Neka at the desk was a breeze to check into a nonsmoking room. Room was fantastic clean beds were comfortable only
problem was getting out of bed for the included breakfast. Food was so good my next problem was waking back up to get out before checkout.
To make short nice place nice people great room thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

I am so happy to hear that Neka made your experience with us a great one! She will be happy to learn that she made all the difference in your stay! I know how hard it is to get up in the morning and moving, but I am pleased that you were able to enjoy a nice breakfast before you got back on the road again. We hope to see you again, and thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel again this past week. We made sure to ask for a room opposite the highway to avoid the noise and it was great! The staff go above and beyond to make sure customers are happy. Very friendly, very helpful...it's a joy to stay at this hotel when we are in Richmond. And my son absolutely loves the heated, indoor pool!!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I am thrilled to see that you hade a pleasant stay with us. It is always the staff's mission to make each guest feel right at home! The pool is a huge bonus and I am glad your son got to go for a dip! We hope you come back again to see us in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We always come back to the Red Roof in Richmond! The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and well kept. Conveniently situated in a safe location. Continental breakfast is pretty good too!
Thank you Red Roof for low rates, as well.

Room Tip: Top floor is reserved for smoker's.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

We are thrilled that you always come back to see us! It is a blessing to see people several times, and build a lasting relationship with them. It is always a fun time around here when you all are in town. I cannot wait to see you guys again in a few weeks! I hope you have a safe trip and no one gets hurt on those bikes!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We chose this hotel because our dog was traveling with us. The staff was very friendly. Room was clean, but did have an initial odd odor (nothing terrible or sickening). Hot coffee and a small danish was nice to have on the way out the door. Checkout was fast. Nice place - GREAT value! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I would like to start by thanking you for your patronage. It is a pleasure when we can get to really know our guests and building lasting relationships with them. I am sorry to hear about that odor. We try our best to make sure each and every room is ready for our guests as they arrive. My hope is that the next time you stay with us everything will be perfect. We hope to see you again soon.