“richmond, ky”

La Quinta Inn Richmond
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 5 August 2014

this was a quiet hotel, great front desk service... reservation was for room with couch, no couch was there, which was a reservation issue I guess, and bathroom drain in tub was scummy and had hair in it. otherwise, good price range, again, great front desk,

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQRichmondGM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

I do apologize for the incorrect booking. I will watch for other circumstances with the bookings. we do hope that your room was clean and your stay was good. I will touch base with housekeeeping on the issue as well. Thanks.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The La Quinta in Richmond, KY was the perfect place for me to stop on my way to the Greyhound Festival of the Bluegrass. The accommodations were comfortable and the staff was friendly. Everything in my room was as it should be. I requested a first floor room since it is difficult for me to get my three dogs (two greyhounds and a whippet) on elevators. I was located near an exit door which made going outside easy. La Quinta has always come through for me by allowing me to stay with three dogs. I have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you. We are convenient to Lexington without the higher prices. The rooms are great and the staff is exceptional. We do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

we were for a family reunion. we had the only suite which we thought was a bit overpriced once we got in there because the the rugs was awful i mean terrible. however the beds were comfy and bathroom clean and new. seems like they trying to improve conditions. our allergies had a time w all the dogs however we had a good time staff was helpful and friendly. so for what we wanted i was satified w this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We did certainly appreciate you staying with us. the big remodel willhappen this winter with replacing all the carpet, drapes, side chairs and many more items. we will make sure your next reunion is even better. Thanks again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel was dirty, very poorly kept in all areas inside and out. I refused to allow my feet to touch any portion of the floor. The only positive was the front desk help and no bed bugs found. Someone needs to put some serious money into this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQRichmondGM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your response. this winter we are remodeling and the site is accomadating now, but after it will be amazing. we hope you will stop by again and see what a difference.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel as it is half way between where we were and where we are going. It is clean, staff is very friendly and accommodating, free breakfast is adequate to get you on the road, and the bed is comfortable. The room was quiet and easy to get to on the first floor. We had a coupon which was honored and reduced the room price by approx. $20. The bath was small but workable. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant within a short walk, so this hotel is a viable stop during travels and we will be stopping again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks alot. The site is a great stopping point north and south and we have amazing rates everyday. Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was the first La Quinta hotel that I had ever stayed in and it will not be the last. I belong to their rewards program and sometime ago I received an email from them and I thought I would give them a try. My GPS had stopped working properly, so I had to drive to the hotel by a state map and instinct. I had not printed out any online maps for alternative directions. We got to the hotel a little after 6, I was a little fearful that my reservations had been canceled since the reservation stated that you needed to do so before 6. I had been driving all day and out in the very out sun exploring family cemeteries and I was just ready to get out of the car and relax a little. I really did not like the design of the parking lot, we had to pull up to the side of the building to unload before finding a place to park far from our room. They had the air conditioner running which I was really appreciative of. The furniture was just beautiful and looked brand new, and the beds were super comfy. I had the best nights sleep! We had an ADA accessible room on the first floor. It was at the end of a hallway near an emergency exit. The bathroom was equipped with a standing shower with hand rails and a seat. The hotel also had a pool which I was prepared to use, but didn't. There wasn't time and it was way too crowded. I believe that this hotel is a popular stopping point to and from Florida. This weekend it was sold out and they had to put a no vacancy sign on the door. The only problems that I had were with the parking lot, and there were no outlets near the work desk where I needed to plug in my laptop. When I was checking out, Cynthia at the front desk told me that the hotel was built in the 60's and is around 40 years old. Knowing that I really cannot complain much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am so glad to hear of your experience. Laquinta nationwide, 850 locations, are updated and have all a traveling or working guest needs. thanks for the review.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Some rooms have new furniture and vanities but doors, and hallways need a major renovation.
The room was clean but beds had no mattress pads, wall outlets were all loose and wiggled if you plug anything in to them. No mirrors except in the bathroom. Breakfast was typical continental.
On a good note the front desk were all wonderful and very helpful.

Room Tip: quiet rooms are second floor facing back