“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Russell Springs
Cincinnati
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Traveling and staying at various places like most of us do from time to time, I have learned not to expect much from typical lodging these days. However my experience at Cumberland Lodge was anything but typical. I can sum my visit up with two words "pleasantly surprised". First off, American owned, very friendly staff, very reasonable price, clean rooms, free wifi, very comfortable bed and a good nights sleep. To top it off, in the morning part of their continental breakfast actually included fresh biscuits and gravy....not the usual stale donuts and coffee that seem standard to most places. It's always nice to be pleased when you stay at place you havn't been to before, However I beleive we will be back again. I would recommend most definately.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room King room 119 and the quality of the mattress let me sleep....like a king.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Greg A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed at this lodge while visiting family and I found the staff very friendly and my room was very clean. It was a very affordable price and we even got a hot breakfast! They had biscuits and gravy, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, fruits and other things. I would defintely recommend this hotel to other people coming to the area and we will stay here when we come to the area!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Happy Guest g
West Columbia, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

The wallpaper is peeling and the shower curtain is the older kind that sticks to your body in the shower. Our bathtub drain was so slow it seemsed like a health hazard. The desk was informed about the drain but did not seem particularly interested. This was our last stay at this two-story motel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank LeitaLuetta

Travellers are raving about these Russell Springs hotels

Henderson, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We spent one night at the Cumberland Lodge while visiting family in Russell Springs this past weekend and couldn't have been more pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of the room for the price. All of the desk clerks I encountered were friendly & helpful. The pool area was nice. The continental breakfast was a surprise and was very good with hot biscuits & gravy, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, donuts, coffee cake, etc. We will definitely plan on staying here when we visit again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kms430
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the course of the past almost 5 years that I've been living on the road for work. Never been disappointed! The owners are a couple I've come to know a bit over the years, though I only met them and know them from staying at the hotel. They're great, local people and Cumberland Lodge is definitely the best hotel in town and for many miles around.

From what I've heard around town, I think this hotel was originally built as a Holiday Inn. So it's solid and quiet. I've never had a room there that wasn't clean and comfortable. Love that there is a fridge and microwave in every room. And it's always kept in excellent repair. Never had a problem of any kind. Breakfast features biscuits and gravy every morning. Front desk staff is always friendly and helpful in every way. Business center in lobby. Pool in season. And if you need anything that's not in the room, odds are they've got it at the front desk and will gladly help you out.

One of my favorite things at this hotel is the gift shop in the lobby. I've been searching for a purse that meets my certain very specific and picky specs for over a year. Found it there -- and it was less than $40 -- AND 100% of the money raised through the gift shop goes to help cancer patients who need help affording treatment or wigs or gas to get back and forth to chemo. Whatever a cancer patient needs that they can't afford, that's what the money goes to. And I know the lady who has the gift shop and distributes the money. She is a cancer survivor herself and knows every one of the recipients personally through her own treatments and connections. Not a cent of it goes to anything other than cancer patients in need. So I got a killer purse and got to help make the world a little bit better place at the same time. And while the gift shop is largely purses, they do have other items. And they had some of the most adorable things for kids when I was there a week before last. Alas, I do not have a child to shop for. So make sure to visit the gift shop. You just might find something you love, and you get to help humanity at the same time. Doesn't get any better than that!

Room Tip: I like 118 - King, handicapped n/s
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank greenbuck97
traveling
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

we travel a lot and spend many nights in different hotels, so it is our habit to check the bed linen > well, as we pulled the covers back we discovered hairs in the bed and the pillow was obviously used....some places just don't get it!!!! how can you expect a guest to sleep in a bed that has been used....this is definitely a motel that I will never stay in again, we actually left and did not spend the night there...dated motel, but there is nothing else in town

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Bernhard S
Caraway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2008

We'll to sums it up we felt welcome when we walked in the door. Cumberland Lodge was just one of the five(5) motels/hotels/lodges we had be staying in due to being on vacation that truley had it together. We had planned to stay only one night but we liked them so much that when we came back threw we stay two (2) more nights and seen the sites with 100 miles from there. The customer service was very helpful in site seeing information. The bed was very comforable, room very clean, with refrig. and microwave and had all the towels we need. They even let us have extra for swimming in their pool. They also had guest laundry on site. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Liked — Customer Service!
  • Disliked — Nothing other than we run out of time!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank srichmond_1985
Kozy Haven Log Cabin Rentals
BEST WESTERN Campbellsville Inn
BEST WESTERN Campbellsville Inn
#2 of 5 in Campbellsville

Been to Cumberland Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!