“Great neighborhood place for good casual food”
Review of Shady Lane Cafe

Shady Lane Cafe
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great neighborhood place for good casual food”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Everything from soups and freshly made cakes to Philly steaks, hamburgers, club sandwiches, quesadillas and more. A special treat for locals in Louisville is the benedictine (a local cheese spread of mostly cucumber and cream cheese) and bacon wrap. (I like the benedictine from The Cheddar Box a little better).

Friendly and fast. At Brownsboro Rd. & I-264 in shopping center.

• Visited June 2012
ShadyLaneLady, Owner at Shady Lane Cafe, responded to this review, 26 October 2015
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry it took me this long to respond, but we're completely low-tech. We're now open Thursday and Friday evenings from 5:30 to 8 PM. Come check us out. Oh, by the way, You Rock!

Louisville, KY
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you live in Louisville you already know about Shady Lane. It's located in the Brownsboro Center at Brownsboro Road and I-264. If you are a visitor and looking for a great place for lunch, this is the place to eat. The owners, Bill and Susie, have created a homey atmosphere with great sandwiches and soups. Bill does most of the cooking on the grill behind the counter where Susie takes your order. Susie makes all of the desserts and they are yummy.
Don't forget to order a side of their homemade potato chips. You won't find anything better in the city. Their hamburgers are to die for and regularly receive high marks from the local food critics. You can expect to pay around $10 for a sandwich, order of the chips, and a drink, but you won't go away hungry!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank loukycop
“Good Food, Not Worth the Price”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Shady Lane has great tasting food and a warm welcoming service. Although the food is good, the price is very high for it. The restaurant has little space, and is packed with "decorations" that are very tacky. It is also a bit dirty. It is good,
just get carryout.

2 Thank Your_Critic
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry it took me this long to respond, but we're completely low-tech. We're now open Thursday and Friday evenings from 5:30 to 8 PM. Come check us out. I am sorry if you felt we were not up to your standards in cleanliness back in 2011, but I assure you we are clean, and have never had less than a A rating. Staff fluctuates from time to time, and actually, back in July of 2011, my husband had recently had a heart attack, so the possibility is there that a table may not have been handled well. As to our decorations, we brought every single picture from our own home. But I can assure you that the decorations have changed, and hopefully, improved since 2011, as we're constantly moving things about. Otherwise, the walls are covered with reviews from the Courier, Leo, Louisville Magazine, and Southern Living, among the other completely unsolicited reviews we've received over the past 10 years. As to our price, we are in a pretty pricey neighborhood, and they likely reflect the fact that we have to pay pretty pricey rent. We are completely competitive with any restaurant in our area outside of McDonald's or any other fast food restaurant, and we are proud of that. We feel that the quality of our food is worth the price. That is the reality of small restaurants. If we did not price our items so that the bills would be paid, we would close, like so many small restaurants have done before. I hope that you will consider visiting us again someday, and that, if you do, you will find our small restaurant serves a great meal for the price. Thank you.