“Nice enough. Great staff.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Austin, Texas
“Nice enough. Great staff.”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This hotel is not fancy, but was adequate. Great staff- friendly and very helpful. Decorated for Kentucky Derby and nice selection of breakfast items. Some furniture a bit shabby looking, but all clean. Politeness and friendliness of staff made an average hotel a great experience. We got a good bargain on the rate through expedia.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My room was nice & clean, I loved the way the headboard had reading lights, electric outlets, etc, right beside the bed! Breakfast offered a good variety.
Only negative during this stay was: Hearing people in hallway talking and knocking on doors.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
HIxsSV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thank you for complimenting on our new decor and furniture. We strive to have the best possible property and customer service. Please visit us on your next trip.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 February 2013

A bad experience. Reservation had been in for days, arrived at the hotel and they would not upgrade me due to my rate. Forget the fact I have been a platinum member for almost 20 years and made my reservation days in advance. Hotel front desk was not friendly, and the interstate was near my room and all night had noise from the traffic. The bathroom floor was sticky, internet service was slow, staff was not friendly, breakfast was terrible, lemonade was water as well as the orange juice, tasteless eggs and bacon, and just an bad overall experience. Was booked for more than one day and decided to leave. Bed was not comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear WorldTraveler2492,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Shelbyville hotels

Houston
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I stayed here for two nights... came in around 4 pm during the third day and asked if I could check out for only two. They told me no, which was fine... I understood the policy. So, we (I went with co-workers for business) left and told them we were going into Louisville and may or may not be back for the night but would like to for sure check out tomorrow and NOT pay for a fourth day. They said it would be fine and that they could just email our bills.

Well we ended up NOT staying the night and when I called for my bill they CHARGED me for the FOURTH day which we had specifically asked them not to do. I guess them saying that they would email our bill was a way to stick it to us. Anyways.... they ended up NOT charging my co-workers but charged me. We all left in the same rent car and everything. I will NEVER stay in a Holiday Inn again after what I have experienced. The manager will NOT call me back after I have called twice to talk to the staff. I called Holiday Inn customer relations and even they did not follow through on their promises. DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Kyleen S,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This hotel was not bad. It is in a great location. It is a 35-minute drive from downtown Louisville, perfect if you are traveling west on I-64 and want a hotel close to the interstate without having to deal with heavy traffic in Louisville. The rooms are clean and have reading lights on each side of the bed, something I've never seen in another Holiday Inn hotel.

However, I was a little disappointed by my stay, mainly because I found the beds extremely itchy since there was no flat sheet under the duvet. Overall, it's a fine hotel and not a bad place to spend the night, but I probably won't stay here again just because there are so many other hotel options in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Motowngirl77
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Motowngirl77,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our location and cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry that the bed caused you discomfort which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Room was slightly dated but clean. Reading lights above the bed were a nice touch. Breakfast was well below the HI Express Standards; cinnamon rolls were a minimum of two days old and hard as a rock, biscuits were also old, scrambled eggs could have been sipped through a straw. Internet service was extremely slow. This is foreign owned and ALL of the staff that I came in contact with were very difficult to understand; I could not understand anything the front desk clerk said when I checked in. I most likely would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I prefer to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels when I'm traveling and was pleased to find this one in Shelbyville, KY. It was clean and had been recently renovated. I initially had a room with a king-sized bed; the two bedside tables each held a wall lamp and a bedside spotlight, something I had never seen before, but liked. There were also bedside electrical outlets at the bedside -- a nice touch for someone who takes her laptop to bed with her.

The sink in the bathroom had a nonfunctional plug (I couldn't release the water from the basin), so I was promptly offered a different room. This had the same amenities -- I really liked the bedside table with the built-in electrical outlets and spotlight reading lamps.

Breakfast hours are from 6:30 to 9:30 and I went down at 8 a.m. I found that many of the breakfast offerings had been depleted and hadn't been replenished, but still managed to cobble together a filling meal before I got underway. I tend to bring a tray from my room down to the breakfast room, so I can return to my room with breakfast and eat while I watch the news and dress. I appreciated having a microwave in my room as some of the breakfast items required reheating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
Hampton Inn Frankfort
#1 of 10 in Frankfort
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville? Share your experiences!