“Visited for 2014 Derby”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Glad I didn't read these reviews before booking this hotel. We stayed in a double, queen bed room for 4 nights. I found the room clean but did find a dead unidentifiable bug in the bathroom one morning. The staff was very helpful, pleasant and efficient. I was able to access Wi-Fi and the front desk supplied me with an 800# if I had any problems. I did not hear any noise at night. Lighting in the room is very poor. The breakfast included, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, sweet rolls, juices, fruit, cereals. The Columbian coffee was especially good. Nice lobby with fireplace. (Note: housekeeping should vacuum BEHIND the mattress and boxsprings. Lots of dust and other "things" hiding there.)

Room Tip: Room was on first floor which was very convenient.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HIxsSV, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased to know how helpful,pleasant and efficient our staff was. We appreciate you sharing about the poor lighting and dust and will pass this along to the correct department for review. We take our reviews seriously and use them to better serve our guest. We hope if your ever in our area, you will give us the pleasure of hosting your stay.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We had been on the road for hrs. I called this location and asked if they had a room available. When I was told yes, I asked about the coupon in the paper magazine. I was told they could not honor the coupon and the room was $100.00 a night. I asked about if they gave AARP discounts. Yes, the cost would be $90.00. (Coupon was for $59.99 for 1-2 people) I could understand if they had no rooms, but they did. The only reason I can think of WHY they would not HONOR their coupon. The room must of been in a closet with a rollaway bed or an old full size bed.
Very very DISAPPOINTED IN THE FACT THEY WOULD NOT HONOR THEIR COUPON.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for leaving us a response. We apologize for not being able to accept your coupon. There are times we have special events or black-out dates when we must honor the preset room and availability conditions. The coupons have the following "Restrictions may apply" disclaimer:

**Rates subject to availability with coupon at check-in. Not valid with other discounts, during holidays or special events.**

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely

-Hotel Staff

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed for one night on a recent business trip. The hotel lobby was nice and the desk staff very helpful. My room was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was typical of a hotel, nothing too fancy, but not bad either. The hotel seems to have a good amount of trucker traffic and my room faced the lost that the trucks park in, so I was woken up a few times by air-brakes and truck engines. Also the WIFI was non-existent on the 3rd floor. I could pick up the main hotel feed and one labeled 2nd floor, but both were so weak, that they signal kept dropping and the connection speed was so slow it was useless for anything. I ended up working in the hotel lobby the next morning while eating breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IrishBrewer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear IrishBrewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise and internet connection. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed here for a quick overnight stay. The greeting was very friendly and lobby and gathering area were nicely appointed. There were some minor things that could use attention in the room, but that is ongoing for any hotel. The ice machine on the 2nd floor was not working, but the sign said 1st and 3rd were in order. The bed was firmer than I would prefer, but the pillows were perfect. Breakfast was not ready yet when I was leaving, so can't comment on that. The reason I am not giving it a higher rating, is because of walkways and parking lot not being safe. The recent snow had not been sufficiently cleared to provide safe walkways from parking spots to the doors. And, the only parking spots remaining required parking and walking through only partially cleared parking areas. I slipped around several times bringing luggage in and out. I'm mending from a broken wrist, and was very worried about taking another fall.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HIxsSV, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are please you had a nice stay and loved our pillows. We are in process of upgrading all our pillows. We do apologize for the walkways and parking areas. The inclement weather conditions beyond our control, have really wreaked havoc on us. Mother Nature has been harsh on us this year. We hope to see you on your next visit to Shelbyville.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Just an average H-I Express. Hotel staff was polite but slow to check-in. Hotel was clean but the beds and pillows are horribly uncomfortable. The Internet was worthless. I had some work I had to do requiring an Internet connection. I was up well past midnight because of a crappy connection.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HIxsSV, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We would like to apologize that your stay was just average. Our goal is to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. This is not typical of our facility. Although we are currently in process of replacing all our pillows with brand new ones, we will certainly be investigating the comfort of our beds.Also we are working with our local internet provider to upgrade service & install fiber optics. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Although I usually stay at a Hampton Inn when travelling, I thought I'd try a Holiday Inn-Express for a change. I wasn't disappointed. The room we stayed in was very large with a king-size bed. But more important, it was very clean and made up very well. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel desk staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable. What really impressed us was the great hot breakfast that was included--bacon, eggs, pancakes, pastries, etc. etc. A great choice for a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
HIxsSV, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to complete a review. We are so please you enjoyed the choices of breakfast while staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Shelbyville KY. Our entire staff from the front desk employees to the housekeeping department go the extra mile to ensure cleanliness and comfort for every guest who stays with us. We appreciate you acknowledging our efforts. We hope to have the pleasure of accommodating you again.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stopped on our way home after Christmas. The room was large, well-lit and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was the standard fare. In short, it met our expectations fully. The only minor glitches were that one key didn't work (no problem, as the other one did) and the room could have used a second waste basket. I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We are so happy you stopped at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Shelbyville KY on your way home and your expectations were met fully. Our goal is to ensure every guests stay is comfortable and relaxing. We apologize for one of your two door keys not working and we are taking into consideration adding a second waste basket per your suggestion. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We gladly welcome them as it helps us to serve you better. Should you travel this way in the future, we love to have you stay with us again.

Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville? Share your experiences!