“Family and friends carry out.”
Review of Ken-Tex Bar-B-Q

Ken-Tex Bar-B-Q
Ranked #30 of 61 Restaurants in Shelbyville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Berry, Kentucky
“Family and friends carry out.”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The ribs were tender and juicy..excellent! Briscut was a little dry for my taste. Coleslaw & beans were very good. The barbeque sauce was a little sour for my taste, but that was just me!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AnnaBerry_Kentucky

“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Great selection they had a very good selection on the menu. Food was cooked very well. The quantity was good. Food taste great and service was excellent and fast.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank CS P
Naples, Florida
“Good BBQ, Small little hole in the wall joint! I'd give it a B.”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

The food was good! I loved the BBQ Pork Sandwich. Awesome potato salad and amaaaaaazing baked beans. Great value for the price! Over all, it wasn't a clean restaurant. The staff, yes younger guys, but very nice! A great place to stop for something quick right off the highway.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lauren B
Fisherville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Flavor”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My wife & I stopped in at Ken-Tex Bar-B-Q for a take home meal. We had the Pork Bar-B-Q & Slaw. The pork was the best I have had in ages. Real smoke flavor. I've not found this in some of the larger restaurants in Louisville. The slaw was also very good. The two young men who waited on us were very nice & friendly. This place is well worth the drive to Shelbyville if you like real smoke flavored Bar-B-Q. We will be going back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Frank A
Louisville, Kentucky
“Made the now annual trip to Ken-Tex and service was better at least :)”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Trying to throw a bone here as the service was finally friendly and reasonable. The food hadn't improved any as none of us could finish it but in that regard they're consistent. It's the same bad as it was last year so I guess if you like it you still like it, but if you think it should be banned for human consumption like my bunch then...that hasn't changed either. I am happy at least to report no raucus teens running the joint and I at least got a nice smile from staff. That much probably gets them another visit from me in another year...who knows...maybe the food will improve too.... Here's hoping for good BBQ to find it's way to Shelbyville again.

• Visited December 2012