“Very nice home away from home (Conf. # 61756)”

Best Western Shelbyville Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed 23 September 2013

RE: Confirmation # 61756. I have stayed at this location numerous times over the past 7 years and the experience has always been positive. It is pet friendly, which means I can bring my two dogs and save money on boarding, plus have their company. The room was clean and recleaned daily and having a microwave and small refrigerator means I don't have to eat out every lunch and dinner. The free breakfast is great (choice of waffles, sausage biscuits, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit), and the location is good (about 1/2 way between Louisville and Lexington). I didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice. It also has a fitness center. What more do you want for a reasonable room rate?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Christine W
There are newer reviews for Best Western Shelbyville Lodge

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The staff will go beyond the call of duty to help you. Beds are comfortable and amenities are plentiful. A very nice BW hotel. Louisville is 30 mins. to downtown. I would stay here anytime I am around the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chuck G
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Generally the staff was friendly and helpful. Due to miss-communication during reservation and subsequent inconvenience, it will take more consideration before I re-book at this location. There are other accommodation choices in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Always enjoy our stays at the Shelbyville Lodge, whether for business or leisure. Well located and close to Shelbyville and several excellent dining choices. The pool is always a wonderful feature of this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We found this motel in one of the motel hand out books along the intestate. It turned out to be a pleasant stay. The staff was very helpful. The room was clean, linen clean, bed comfortable, and the place was quiet. It isn't a new property but it wasn't run down. The breakfast was what you would expect in today's market. We would stay here again if we were in the area. It was good value for the money.

Room Tip: The usual not next to mechanical rooms, elevator, vending, or stairways.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ken s
gmbwskc, General Manager at Best Western Shelbyville Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Hello, I would like to THANK YOU for your comments about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Sharon

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed the weekend of my nephews wedding August 10th. Small hotel with super friendly staff down to the amazing housekeeping. We started our visit with a front desk young lady that had an amazing personality - customer service was her first service and it showed.

She got us checked in quickly and we went to our rooms - I was a little nervous to see all the construction trucks but it was quiet and CLEAN!!

Our room was much roomier than I expected. The beds were very comfortable.

The bathroom was clean - nice towels. The sink was cracked around the drain and it showed its age.

The only downside I found was the breakfast ended at 9AM... we never ate there because it was closed before the boys got up. One of our family went to get coffee and the lady working in that area shut the door on my aunt and said she was closed. Her feelings were hurt.

All in all if I am in Shelbyville again and need to stay I would go back. The weekend before I was in Baltimore Hilton and I was so discussed by the time I left. We ran out of towels and toilet paper with rude staff. The Best Westerns southern hospitality was a nice welcome back to Kentucky

You should be proud of the people running your business. I also smiled when I say on the chalk board "Voted Travel Advisors Best hotel" and I agree.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AngelaMBrooks
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Wonderful stay. Will be back. We have stayed here multiple times and have always enjoyed the experience. Great staff, clean rooms and plenty of extras for a great stay. This location is also ideal as a focal point to venture out to surrounding locations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ozzie O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Comfort Suites East
#4 of 9 in Jeffersontown

Been to Best Western Shelbyville Lodge? Share your experiences!