“Our stay”

Best Western Shelbyville Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We found this Best Western when traveling. It was easy to get to from the interstate. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. We needed a downstairs room, no problem! The rate was excellent also! When we got to our room, it was very clean and very roomy. The breakfast the next morning was very tasty. Lots of selections. Thanks for a pleasant stay. We were so impressed we stayed there on our return trip in November 2013.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank feads

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel proudly displayed its Travel Advisor Award. Desk personnel was welcoming. As soon as you step inside the door, you know you are in horse country--decorations in the hotel followed the horse motif and reflected the importance of horses in that part of Kentucky.

There is not an elevator to the 2nd floor but I requested (when reservation was made) and received a first floor room. The room was clean and quiet which are two of the things that pleased me most. The high-speed internet did not work for me. The young woman at the desk attempted to help me but to no avail.

Breakfast was sparse by the time I arrived (8:30 am) and I never saw a breakfast attendant. I believe they prepare for the number of registered guests so if you are not early, some items are gone and are not replenished. When I went to the front desk to get a complimentary newspaper, I was told that the newspapers go early.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were in town for an event with a large group, and at first we thought we were going to get a real dud of a hotel--check-in did not go smoothly for many in our group. The front desk staff seemed overwhelmed with our group, another group, a class reunion and a couple wedding parties. Several people had to wait for a couple hours before their rooms were finally ready around 5 pm.

That said, the staff was gracious, accommodating, engaging and truly hospitable. They didn't just tolerate our group (which took over the patio and sprawled out onto the lawn over the weekend), they welcomed us. That was really a stand-out in the minds of our travelling party, as other hotels in numerous other states have not been as hospitable.

The facility was excellent. We had a king-size room at the end of a hallway by stairs (there is no elevator, so be aware). The room was nicely furnished, spacious, with a new bed and good sheets. Smoking is still allowed in hotels in Kentucky, which was a bit of a surprise to us, but we didn't have any trouble with the smell seeping into our room.

The owners were friendly, engaging and professional. We appreciated getting to know them!

The breakfast area was undergoing some renovation when we were there, so we didn't use it, and the pool was closed, so can't comment on that, either. For a weekend stay, this property is just right.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Overall the hotel met expectations. The people at the front desk were very, very nice and check-in was smooth. The room was comfortable. It was older but was clean and orderly. Coffee maker was available. The breakfast was just ok. the milk was off (served in a pitcher) and the coffee was marginal.

So with all the pluses and minuses it comes out as a solid 3, we will stay here again if we are passing by.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We usually stay away from Best Western's from previous experiences. However this one had recently been renovated. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom modern. The clerk checking it in was a very friendly white American male. It was refreshing. Biscuits and gravy was inedible but everything else looked good. Would definitely recommend and stay again. The price was really good for the quality of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Owners of this business accommodated me when they were booked up. I stay there whenever I am working in the area and found space for me and stayed to clean it after hours. Great people and they will always have my business.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 23 September 2013

RE: Confirmation # 61756. I have stayed at this location numerous times over the past 7 years and the experience has always been positive. It is pet friendly, which means I can bring my two dogs and save money on boarding, plus have their company. The room was clean and recleaned daily and having a microwave and small refrigerator means I don't have to eat out every lunch and dinner. The free breakfast is great (choice of waffles, sausage biscuits, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit), and the location is good (about 1/2 way between Louisville and Lexington). I didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice. It also has a fitness center. What more do you want for a reasonable room rate?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Christine W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Best Western Shelbyville Lodge? Share your experiences!