“Best deal and staff in Louisville”

Best Western Shelbyville Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great rooms , friendly staff , AWESOME POOL !!! Cold a/c , awesome breakfast , Beautiful lounge , Great location ,Easy interstate access . We work out of town , so I have been here almost 2 months . BEST DEAL IN SHELBYVILLE , KY !!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
gmbwskc, General Manager at Best Western Shelbyville Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Hello, I just wanted to say that we appreciate you staying with us for an extended amount of time. I know it is hard being away from home so often. Thank you for your nice comments. Sharon, GM

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Found this hotel had a very homey feel to it. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice. The breakfast had alot to choose from. My kids loved the pool. The rooms were nice and comfortable. I felt safe. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

While visiting family we stayed 2 nights at this hotel. I use trip advisor to find the hotels we stay in. The reviews looked good but the reality was totally different. I still cannot figure out how this hotel had a Trip Advisor award hanging at their check in desk. We had a first floor non smoking room. Some of the non smoking rooms are next to smoking rooms??? Our room was dingy looking, the bathroom smelled smokey and musty, the hallway reeked of smoke, and our bed spread had several cigarette burn holes. We went to the front desk and told them about the smell and burn holes. The girl was friendly enough but told us there were no king rooms available that we would have to check with someone in the morning. We decided to stay in the room the next night rather than move our things. Thank goodness we spent most of that day doing other things. I would not recommend this hotel. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nadine K
gmbwskc, Owner at Best Western Shelbyville Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Very confused, when you checked out yesterday I personally asked how your stay was. You stated everything was fine except for the comforter. We did offer to move you to a Non-smoking (Queen),several times which you declined. We do have a small amount of smoking rooms being in Kentucky. Furthermore I offered a discount which you stated was not necessary. We have received tripadvisor certificate for 3 years which is an honor and a lot of hard work. We are family owned and operator so we take it to heart if a guest has a negative experience. I am sorry you felt negative about my hotel, but it may be unfair to state we don't deserve a certificate of excellence because my staff does care about the customer and a lot of hard work done behind the scene.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed at Shelbyville Lodge four times now. We keep returning because of the friendly staff, it's very, very clean, awesome beds! The pool is wonderful, just like being at home! The use of the bbq grills are also a plus!!! Just love the location too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I really don't get all the great reviews. This was easily the most uncomfortable stay we had during our week in Indiana and Kentucky. The noise from the truck traffic on Hwy 55 is sooooo frustrating. I don't usually notice traffic noise while staying at hotels, but it was really bad at this one. I was able to sleep until about 3 a.m., but the noise was just too much after that. So, if you're going to stay here, do everything you can to get a room on the west side of the building. As it happens, our room was also on the first floor, so we had to listen to kids stomping in the upstairs hallway till about 11 p.m. (It only stopped when the good dude in the room next to ours went up there to ask them to quiet down.) Had requested an upstairs room, but we went 0-for-3 on room requests during our trip, so bad luck there.

Nice to be so close to I-64, but that was about the only thing I enjoyed about this place.

Room Tip: It's a MUST to get a room on the backside of the hotel, to avoid the highway traffic
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed at this location twice in the last two years while returning from a trip to Madison Wi. The value for the room is really good and the hotel is clean. The layout of the hotel is a little different than most. We stayed on the first floor this time and it had a window that overlooked the pool. It was a little loud, but the comfort of the beds balanced out the noise.

Room Tip: For a more quiet stay, ask for an upper room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very nice I give them AAAA. Rooms very clean and staff are helpful. Breafast super just would have prefered scrambled eggs, but they had boiled. It was awesome and I would stay there again. The price was the best ever for everything I got out of this stay. I am a graduate student and plan to be back for the next two years. They are a winner, and that is the direction to go.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Albert B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Best Western Shelbyville Lodge? Share your experiences!