“worst hotel I have ever stayed in”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed there for 1 night after I read the reviews and I was so dissappointed. I left and went to another hotel. The rooms are very outdated, filthy, and my room had bugs in the bathroom and in the carpet. And when I tried to ask for service and a refund, they said they could not help me. I had planned on staying their a week, but I am staying accross the street at the Best Western.

I will never stay a Country Hearth again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Ryan W

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed 11 days t the Country Hearth Inn recently. With this much time in one location you get a good feel for the place and we always felt at home. The rooms were neatly cleaned, the TVs are nice, and the refrigerator and microwave were real time savers for us. Friendly staff and a great rate.

1  Thank J0hn_C807
Reviewed 24 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel was very clean and the service was great. I lost my credit card while there, and the manager was very concerned and responsive. I finally found the card in my room, but I very much appreciated his concern. Very friendly and professional service. I have stayed in another top rated hotel in Shelbyville on past business, but can say that this hotel is the best hotel for the money in the area.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a king room with a large jacuzzi suite .we usually stay in Louisville but there was no rooms available in the most of the city lucky for us this hotel is a pleasure spotless clean a great value the front desk was so helpful and nice the towels and bedding were Snow White it was worth the extra drive so quite and safe we will be back from now on.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

When I returned home I had a message on my phone from the manager accusing me of smoking in the room. When I told him we did not smoke in the room he as much as called me a liar. I cannot be in a room with smoke, I use a breathing machine at night. Needless to say, this phone call upset me all day. And the manager also hung up on me. I will never go there again. Also their rugs were dirty. When you walked in the room in your white socks they turned black on the bottom.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank mrsjayl
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We booked during a large trade show in Louisville; when accommodations were a commodity and came at a premium.
This location was about 30 miles from Louisville.
Close to basic food, gas and close to interstate. Easy to find, plenty of parking. Walking distance to food.

Check In:
Check in went smooth. We arrived around 11:00 The young lady who checked us in was pleasant and provided us with our key but indicated that our room wouldn't be ready for an hour or so. Which was not a problem; took that hour and found a nail salon and had my nails done : )
The lobby was basic with seating, fireplace and tv.

Room
We had a first floor room that faced the parking lot. Beds were not plush and the furniture and bedding were dated, but we didn't wake up stiff as a board.
The layout was a little awkward, with the sink area and mirror situated right behind the door.
Bathroom was clean with high pressure showers (Nice)
Microwave, fridge (didn't use either)
Free Wifi which was nice to pass the time.

Breakfast
Continental style with waffle maker, toast and bagels. Enough to get the day started.

Check Out
Quick efficient and pleasant staff. Actually met with smiles here : )

The only negative aspect was that during the afternoon; there were several people who were not guests of the hotel milling about in the hallway with the cleaning crew. We weren't bothered but still was uncomfortable.

I'd recommend for an over nighter with no hesitation, it was pretty far to commute back and forth to Louisville during a 3 day weekend, but worked well for what we needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank krdotson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Best Western Shelbyville Lodge
Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Louisville East
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#4 of 4 in La Grange
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!