“June 19, 2013 review”

Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel's location would not register in our GPS. I called the hotel and the desk clerk gave me the address of the YMCA which was next door. That address worked wonderfully and we found the hotel without any trouble. My family stayed for two nights as we were visiting friends in the area. There are places to eat within walking distance of the hotel which was very convenient for my grandson and I as our car had been taken by other family members that morning. The free breakfasts in the mornings was very good and started the days off right. The YMCA next door , which does not have a pool, has an agreement with this hotel, and I was able to join in an aerobics water class in the pool one morning right after I had just finished using the treadmill. The water was so inviting I just couldn't resist. My grandson was already in the pool and I was able to watch him while I was on the treadmill. This is very convenient as the other members of my family were out playing golf. Needless to say, I enjoyed myself too much as did my grandson in the indoor pool that day.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms are the best as there are usually no lingering odors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a nice place to stay in Shepherdsville. It is on a new road so make sure you have good directions. The breakfast was quite good. The only issue is with their coffee. It appears to be made with instant coffee is quite bad. You can use the coffee makers in the room to make decent coffee.

Room Tip: Get good directions since it is on a new road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is one of the better Sleep Inns I have stayed at. The rooms are larger than most others or at least my king room was. The staff here is great. They are friendly, efficient & helpful. They have a small workout room but they also have access to the YMCA almost next door. There are lots of eating choices in the area plus a Kroger grocery store (not a great Kroger but it is across the road). The Zappos/6pm shoe store is one exit away. The breakfast area was also much larger than most Sleep Inns. I might have given it a 4.5 if that was possible but there a few minor things:

1). I tried to put their address in my GPS & two Navi apps on my phone and all said the road does not exist. Luckily their confirmation email had excellent directions spelled out.
2). They have a coffee machine instead of brewed coffee. These always taste funny and this one was making brown water. Luckily I had time to make coffee back in my room.
3). As other guests noted, the Internet is horrible. I had to continuously log back in and frequently there was no service at all and I was in the middle of the building. I usually experience these issues at the end of hallways at other hotels.

With those minor things being said, it is still a good place to lay your head down for the night. Just be aware of the shortcomings.

Room Tip: Read the directions in your Choice Hotels confirmation email for directions!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Wow! Where do I begin. Having to have a hotel that accepted our dog was a horrible experience, until we call Patrick at the Sleep Inn. He assured me that our dog would be comfortable and welcome there. He sure was right.

Patrick made sure we had everything and all the information about the city that we needed because we were staying for a couple of weeks.

The staff was awsome and gave us time to take the dog out before they started to clean. The breakfast bar was so awsome, clean rooms and in walking distance to many places.

I HATE TO LEAVE HERE BUT I will always come back. Thank you Patrick and staff WONDERFUL PLACE TO BE.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've stayed at this Sleep Inn more then 25 times in the last 4 years, I would like to thank Patrick ( Manager ) for making my stay a pleasure. I recommend this Hotel if you are in the Louisville area, its only 20 minutes from the city. Easy off and on Interstate 65, go north and be in Louisville in 20 minutes. Go South on I-65 and be in Nashville in just over 2 hours, Shepherdsville, KY has alot of fast food places, but also has a Krogers, its a nice little town. Ok now this commerical pitch is over.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank christopher1645
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had a nice stay other than our room was freezing cold when we arrived. The air conditioner was set on 68 degrees and it took a long time to warm up. We finally turned the heater on. The room was clean the bed was comfortable. I was surprised that with such a nice sized room there was only a shower and no tub. They offer a nice breakfast with lots of options to choose from. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn G
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had a great stay here. Our room was clean, sizable and comfortable. The bathroom was really spacious and clean. The breakfast was what you would expect - nothing negative, but nothing special either. I will say that the doors to the rooms closed loudly and we were sure to hold onto it so it didn't slam. I don't recall that the doors to neighboring rooms were particularly bothersome to us. If in the area again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank helderwoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#3 of 8 in Shepherdsville
Hampton Inn Bardstown
Hampton Inn Bardstown
#1 of 8 in Bardstown
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville? Share your experiences!