“Excellent Value”

Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was very pleased with Sleep Inn in Shepherdsville. Before staying there I read the many positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was spacious, clean, and the beds were comfortable. As a senior, the charge for my wife and me was $69.12. Sleep Inn is a bargain at this price. Breakfast included bacon, eggs, waffles, cereals, fruits, etc. Again, more than you'd expect for $69.

Negatives:
1. Dirty elevator carpet
2. Scrambled eggs were made out of a box.

However, again I'd say Sleep Inn in Shepherdsville is an excellent value, and I'd highly recommend that you stay there!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel overall was a great place to stay. The rooms were large, clean and well equipped. The bed was adequately comfortable for a good night's sleep. Plenty of places nearby to get a bite to eat or do a little shopping. The staff were very nice and made checking in/out a breeze. The breakfast area was large enough to make finding a place to sit easy and there was a good variety of choices (hot and cold) for breakfast.

The only drawback about my stay was that my room was right across from the laundry room and someone decided it would be okay to do laundry between midnight and 2 am. This wasn't ideal, but it had nothing to do with the hotel quality - just someone's lack of common sense.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We needed a motel on our way south and wanted to get through Louisville before we stopped. I picked this one because of the value and other reviews. We were really pleased with our choice. Check in was swift and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Clean room, great shower and sufficient choices for breakfast. Will stop here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute, after we decided to start our trip a day early to beat a snowstorm in Cincinnati. We checked in around 8pm on Friday 1/24. The young man working the front desk was very friendly, and also smart - he started to give us the last room on the 1st floor, then realized it was right next door to a birthday party of little girls. He moved us up to the 3rd floor - MUCH appreciated, we would have never slept!

Upon first glance, the room appeared clean and smelled clean. While getting ready for bed, we noticed a rip in the sheets, a cigarette burn hole, and a hair. Too tired to request new sheets, we made sure there was nothing else gross, and just went to bed.

Here's the real reason behind my 2-star rating - breakfast. Now, I don't expect much from breakfast at this caliber of a hotel. But, the yogurt being served was expired. We stayed on the night of 1/24, so we were eating on the morning of 1/25 - the majority of the yogurt had expired on 1/21 or 1/22, and there was even one in there dated 1/15!! If the yogurt is expired, I don't want to even know how long the hard-boiled eggs had been sitting there.

Long story short - the hotel served its purpose, a place to lay our heads before a road trip. That being said, we probably will not stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ucas0
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We just needed an overnight stay on our way south. We have not stayed in this particular hotel before, but often choose the Choice Hotel series of hotels. I had requested an upper floor and had reserved a King. None available higher up, so upgraded to a Queen suite, an option given to us by desk staff. The man that checked us in gave us an incredible amount of hotel info in a short amount of time, never missing a beat with the check-in. We were impressed.
Room was clean, comfortable, we got take out prior to check-in so we could watch the Rose Bowl!

Room Tip: We like the higher floors so no one is running above our heads...it was a nice quiet stay!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ejkb
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel was easily accessible from I-65. I stayed here because of some Trip Advisor reviews. The young man at the desk was friendly and check-in was easy. On the spot, I was offered a room on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd floor. I chose the 1st floor and was able to park close to an entrance near my room. Before I arrived, I had requested to not be near dogs as I am a light sleeper.

The young man at the desk pointed out the office center and told me guests (with their hotel key) were allowed to use the YMCA next door. I did not visit it but thought this was a real unique idea.

The room was nice, clean and very spacious. It was comfortable and well-lighted. High-speed internet worked wonderfully. The closet is near the window instead of near the door. Bathroom does not have a tub but the shower area is clean and very suitable.

Check-out was easy. It was nice to get a complimentary newspaper.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ElC628
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed there the weekend of October 18 and November 22 could not have been more pleased with our stay. Rooms were great. Clean and beautiful. Staff friendly and eager to please. Breakfast was above and beyond. What a great hotel. And we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#3 of 8 in Shepherdsville
Hampton Inn Bardstown
Hampton Inn Bardstown
#1 of 8 in Bardstown
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville? Share your experiences!