“Good Hotel and water park”

Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Paducah, Kentucky
“Good Hotel and water park”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel with 4 kids under 13 and 2 adults. we had 2 rooms and both rooms were great. The hotel rooms were clean and well taken care of. I had no trouble checking-in and all the people working the front desk were always helpful. The front desk was always staffed. The breakfast was good and there were several things to choose from each day. The water park is perfect for 10.00 per person, worth the money. The kids I had with me, loved it. The chemicals did bother my eyes and I was not in the water much. They check the chemical level on a regular basis and sometimes make everyone get out of the pool while they add more chemicals. It was a good experience. I would stay at this hotel even if I was not going to water park. Nice exit, has cracker barrel next door and mcdonalds. 10 minutes away is nice area with several nice places to eat and shop.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stay Away if you want safety and service! My nephew was going to have his birthday party at the water park.13 kids and two adults.( Two Kids with autism and two -w- adhd). Talked with OWNER to let two more adults in, not to swim but to help supervise. Got there 20 minutes early on a Saturday. One child was kneeling in a booth peering thru the window at the swimming area. As he tried to leave the booth the table toppled over and they both crashed to the floor. As he lay in the floor screaming and graspin his knee. NOT ONE SINGLE staff member offered any help what-so ever. (and there wre two standing just 10 feet away) They just acted like nothing happend. 10 minutes later tha 'pathetic excuse" for a manager informed us that no extra people were getting and she was not going to call ANYBODY, she made the rules! Also the host was off that day ( A Saturday,their busiest day of the week) and she wasn't going to call him either! She made no effort to rectify the situation at all only to incite a shouting match with the customer, with her (the manager) being the loudest!!. After giving the customer his deposit back, the group left with the birthday boy and his friends crying. THEN the manager made a phone call, to the Bullitt Co. Police and had the nerve to file a harassment charge against the the party This is the kind of service you get for $250.00 in Bullitt Co. Service? HA!! Safety?? HAHA!! We will NEVER, EVER visit this establishment. again. You would be wise to do the same. Just read all the other comments about this place

Room Tip: Some other place
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sorrywewent
piratesbayky, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
There is never an excuse for any employee to be rude with a guest or show disregard for another person’s feelings, but with that said, it is also important to note that there is a distinct difference between blatant rudeness and realistic attempts to give rules and policy to a person who does not only not want to be told what to do, but also wants to set their own rules and policies that will only benefit themselves.

Comfort Inn & Pirates Bay Water park, by State and local law, must follow the rules and regulations of not only the hospitality industry, but in our case, the safety, occupancy, and behavior rules set in place by the Dept. of Transportation regarding Amusement Parks.

In this matter, the Guest had spoken prior to arrival with the Company Operations Director whom had informed them that it was perfectly acceptable for their disabled Guests to have a “couple” (2) accompanied non-paying “chaperone’s” as long as they did not enter the water. A guest, who enters the water, by insurance regulation, MUST be a paying customer or they are not considered a valid part of our insurance coverage. In the event of injury, the hotel would have no protection in legal matters, so it is therefore required by insurers that the swimming customers be classified as “paying”.

In the case here, this was clearly stated to the guest prior to arrival, and mutually understood.
On arrival, the guest did not have an additional “couple’ of chaperones, but demanded that numerous persons be allowed in without paying. The guest clearly misunderstood the need for payment (beyond their initial deposit), and when asked to do so became very agitated, loud and verbally abusive.

The guest letter, although appearing to show additional violations to other guests, is in reality not the actions of the so called “pathetic excuse for a manger” but rather the exaggerated, over-the-top, stories of a guest, extremely angry over the fact that they themselves were not allowed to manage Comfort Inn & Pirates Bay. The guest is honest in their comment involving law enforcement involvement. Yes, the police were contacted, and they will always be contacted in cases where our staff and Management cannot contain the actions of those who wish to act inappropriately.

Pirates Bay is visited by hundreds of guests each week. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and will never intentionally disrespect a guest. But on the same token, Pirates Bay will not allow visitors to rewrite regulations or subjugate safety concerns. This will not happen. Even at the risk of reviews such as this. By the nature of required strict safety and Occupancy rules, the park is ripe for guest concerns. We are sorry that events such as this happen, but we stand by our successful record of happy customers, excellent health and safety scores, and repeated excellent inspection scores.

Finally, it is important to note that no money was taken from this guest. They were given a full refund.

Operations Director

Travellers are raving about these Shepherdsville hotels

Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I was concerned after hearing from family that this was not a good hotel to stay at. I was going for the water park and it also had bad reviews. NONE of the bad comments were found true. Our rooms could not have been any cleaner. The staff was always friendly and after spending 3 nights we felt like family when we departed. The kids as well as the adults enjoyed the water park. It was the correct amount of attractions for the age group that I had traveling with me (10 years and younger). I did not find that there was a strong chlorine smell. Staff members interacted with kids at water park and there were a lot of happy faces. Don't listen to remarks on line. Give it a try. I am positive you will have a wonderful experience like ours. Also like that they had a computer for guests to use. How convenient!

Room Tip: I told them what I wanted and that is what I got!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Kmorrisonbaker
Campbellsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 April 2011

While I have stayed at various Comfort Inns from Indiana To Tn. this was by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed at & the most expensive. Highly over-rated. The toliet ran all night, the phone in the room did not work and they would not answer when we call from our cell. We had NO hot water from 6am-8am. Finally we were able to get a maintenance person who told us not to turn the faucet all the way around to the "H" for hot water but to back it up to no pressure and we would have hot water. The room had something splattered across the mirror, wall, & lamp shade. We were told by the maintenance man (who was a former police officer) that it wasn't blood because it would have dried brown (it was a dark red). You cannot use the pool without paying an additional fee on top of the over priced rooms ($120 a night for a sub-standard room) The staff was rude, especially the ones around the breakfast bar who were so busy talking about their weekend plans they could not keep cups or creamer stocked. Also the girl at the front desk was very unpleasant. We did not have a jacuzzi tub and the tv was a hit & miss without a guide on the remote and no printed guide available in the room. We were truly disappointed. The pool was described by my children as lame. Save your money and stay somewhere else. Oh, the key cards took 5-8 tries before we could get in the room. The maintenance man said that everyone was having that problem...miserible!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else unless money is of no value 2U
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank kenziejasper
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2011

The younger girls in charge of the waterpark were HORRIBLY rude to my children and me and my wife. They definately DO NOT CARE about the customer at this place. We slept on the 2nd floor...ALL NIGHT LONG we could hear squeaking coming from the floor above....needless to say my children and I didn't sleep well at all.

The Water is GREEN and disgusting...
The help is immature, putting a hand in my face when asked for a manager, and said "talk so someone else"

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Lordz_50
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 April 2011

These people act like they couldn't care less if they rented a room. They're ridiculously rude!!!!!!! It was an immediate no for me. I was told they were sold out and it was like I meant nothing to them since their rooms were filled.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Ryans2kidz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Brooks
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South

Been to Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South? Share your experiences!