Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was also reluctant to book this hotel based on previous reviews. But we had a pleasant stay. The waterpark is not that large, but we there late morning to early afternoon and pretty much had the whole park to ourselves on a Saturday. My 7 year old had a blast and would have stayed all day. My 12 year old and I were bored after about an hour. The rooms were clean and larger than typical. The breakfast was decent. What you would expect, waffles, yogurt, cereal, donuts, etc. If you are going to be on the south side of Louisville it's a nice place to stay if you have little kids. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there. The waterpark isn't large enough to be a destination.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 January 2012

I was a little reluctant to keep my reservation after reading some of the reviews on here of the Comfort Inn Pirate's Bay Indoor Water Park. I am glad that we decided to try it out and not worry too much about what the reviews said. My husband, two daughters and I were in town to look at houses in Louisville. We wanted to give the girls something fun to do after looking at houses all day. We checked into the hotel around 5:00 pm. Check in was quick and we went to our room to get ready for the water park. The room was pretty nice. Everything appeared clean. The bathroom was a bit small, and didn't have a bathtub. The room was pretty big and had lots of floor space. We got into our bathing suits and went down to get the wristbands needed for the water park. My three year old wasn't too excited about the wristband and took it off shortly after entering the water. The water park wasn't very busy, which was nice. We first went into the shallow part by the pirate ship. That water was a very comfortable temperature. Then the girls wanted to go the the four feet deep pool with the bigger slides. That water was not as comfortable and was pretty cold. About an hour after we entered the water park, they checked the water and closed the pools for a ten minute period to add more chemicals. After that, it didn't close the rest of the time we were there. We didn't have any trouble with the staff, which is something I read about on other posts. Everyone was very friendly. We went back to the room around 8:00 pm and changed so we could get some dinner. My oldest daughter wanted to take a shower and she fell in the shower. It was really slick on the floor. That is something I had read on another post. She was ok so there wasn't a need to report her falling. We just placed one of the towels in the bottom of the shower and she didn't have anymore issues. The information in the room tells you which restaurants are around. It is need of being updated. My husband tried to go to Arby's and Wendy's and they were both closed. There isn't a whole lot to do on the Brooks exit near the hotel. After that, we all got settled in and watched some tv before going to bed. The beds were plenty comfortable and the room was quiet. We didn't hear a lot of noise from above or the hall. We woke in the morning and went down for breakfast. It was really busy and the food wasn't the greatest. My daughter would have liked to have had a waffle, but the line to make your own was too long. They pretty much just ate the powdered sugar and chocolate donuts. Holiday Inn Express has a much better breakfast, but it is free so we really couldn't complain. Check out was quick and we were on our way to look at more houses. I would consider going back for a night to let the girls swim and play. We have been to Great Wolf Lodge and I think I actually prefer the size of this water park. It was big enough for the kids to have fun, but small enough that you could keep a close eye on them.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Presnell4
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We were in town for an event, so only stayed 2 nights. There's really nothing else in this area except for same type of hotels. This is not a destination hotel. It's a hotel where you stop for the night if driving on the interstate. Rooms were clean. The place is very dated.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Rooms are good-sized. The one we stayed at had a fridge, microwave and coffeepot in room. Comfortable and clean room. Would definitely stay there again if I was passing through. Best hotel experience.

Room Tip: Reasonably priced. Some across the USA are not so do your homework.
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Here two nights in Oct. 2011. King room very clean, incl. carpet. Bed very comfortable. One night-stand was missing a lamp. Front desk quickly got us one. The water park attached to the hotel was not working. Hotel called me before I arrived and offered to either change reservation or cancel. I give them high marks for that. Hot breakfast was good. Paid $62 booking directly with hotel. Tumbleweed restaurant on same street has good Tex-Mex food and great drinks!

Note: The address is Shepherdsville, but the hotel is at the "Brooks" exit.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My children were on fall break and my husband busy working, so my parents and myself took the kiddos (ages 6, 8 and 8 months). We got a room with two queen beds and there was so much floor space the kids could do cartwheels! Plus, there was plenty of room to set up the baby's pack-n-play, swing and put a sleeping bag down. The water park was awesome! We had their cousins meet us there and they had a great time. Heck, I had a great time! There were a couple of rules I had misunderstood, and when I went to one of the "guards" about it, he was so understanding and respectful. (For example, "Ma'am, no actually that rule applies only to the adult section. They can do that in the kiddie section. That's okay. I will talk to our general manager. I understand your concern...as a mother...that makes sense." Great kid. (Hey Comfort Inn, if you're reading, his name tag said Tyler. Kudos to him.) We will be returning. Hopefully soon. (With hubby in tow!) Can't wait!

Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights with a co-worker, and we had a great time. We are in our late 20's and played in the water park like 8 yr olds on Christmas morning. The waterpark was clean, rooms were nice, and breakfast was good. Staff was extremely friendly and professional. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Lrjetdriver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Brooks
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hillview

Been to Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South? Share your experiences!