Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
US$90
US$120
US$104
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn Louisville South(Shepherdsville)
US$154
US$89
US$80
QualityInn
US$87
All reviewscracker barrelwafflescorporate lodgingroom was comfortable and cleanroad noiseanother guestwifi worked wellright next doorgas stationnight staynice stayyoung mancomplimentary breakfastlocated rightbreakfast roomeasy accessstaff was very friendly
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This was my first stay at this Comfort Inn. I'll be back again. I didn't care that the Pirates Bay water park was closed as this was a business trip and I had no intention of using it. The room was neat clean and well appointed. It had a refrigerator and microwave. I don't know what it was maybe the lighting, but I felt very comfy there. It was a king room. The desk chair was inviting so I could do my work at the desk also the room chair was very comfortable and had an ottoman. So you could really kick back and relax. I thought it was excellent for a solo traveler. One drawback: there is no exercise room. Restaurants in the area consisted of Cracker Barrel, Burger King, McD's and Tumble Weed. The hotel is 100% smoke free. Which I like. I stayed there 2 days. I liked it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank acscolo
Angel F, Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our Comfort Inn wants every guest to leave satisfied whether they are here for business or for fun. It is always important to get feedback from our guest so that we can work even harder to make sure every guests leaves happy. I am sorry that we don't have a fitness center on property. However for your future stays please note we have made an agreement with a full service fitness facility just a mile and half from the hotel. All guests may use the facility complimentary. I hope this will make your next stay even better.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel and I was super impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and rooms. Beds/pillows were very confortable.The staff were all very helpful. They even checked me in at 12:30, when check-in is normally 4! The water park was simple and nice for kids. No wating in lines for slides! And you can use park the day of your stay and the next day as well! I was very surprised by the complimentary breakfast that was available. Awesome fresh waffles from waffle maker as well as hot sausage and eggs! The price for the hotel with waterpark and breakfast for 4 was very reasonable! Great little overnight stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank KATHY D

Thank you for your very complimentary review. It is always exciting to know we did a good job. The family at Comfort Inn & Pirates Bay want every guest to leave happy like you. Our housekeeping staff, breakfast ambassadors, water park staff and all of us thank you and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

Good: location, plenty of nearby places to eat. Loisville zoo a short drive away. My room was very clean and the bed was super comfy. breakfast was good and staff was attentive making sure there was plenty of food available

the bad: shower head was not attached to wall making it a real pain to shower. this issue causes the bathroom floors to get very wet and very slick (I would even say hazardous). room key did not work well despite two trips to front desk to correct.

waterpark: well-maintained, clean, and plenty of towells available. my main issue with watwrpark was that one of the pools was very, very, cold making it difficult to swim in. another nuisance was that there was an outside door standing wide open. it had been propped open with a weight. I finally got tired of dealing with the cold air so I shut it myself. within 5 minutes, hotel personnel propped the door back open. this made no sense and annoyed me to no end.

Bottom line: My 5 year old had a great time, but the cold pool water and issue with door being forced open by hotel staff will probably prevent me from making a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank tacokid

Thank you for letting us know about your most recent stay. I am glad that you were happy with the hotel and your accomodations

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues in Pirates Bay. I have reviewed our logs to double check if there were any issues during your stay. We are required by law to not allow the pools to go over 84 degrees at any time. Our logs show that the tempature in both pools stayed within the proper limits of 80 to 84 degrees when checked. It can still be uncomfortable to some people as we all have varying preferences on pool water tempatures. I have asked the staff to keep a very close eye on this to ensure that no anomalies occur. As for the door being open, there are times a guest will ask to have a door open for fresh air and our staff will try to accommodate. This may have been the case as the weather was quite comfortable that weekend. However if a guest is cold and asks the staff member to close the doors they are supposed to accommodate this request immediately. We want all of our guests to enjoy their time at both the hotel and the water park. I assure you that I have talked with the staff at Pirates Bay to make sure they do their best to accommodate everyone and to make sure that all equipment is working consistently.

I am sorry to hear that you will not return. I hope that you change your mind and please call me directly should you choose to do so.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

We took our grandson here for a weekend trip. We enjoyed the hotel and the water park. The Water Park is geared to children and teens, they have a hot tub area for adults only in the water park. They also have a nice little snack bar adjoining the water park. Rooms were very nice micro and fridge in all rooms. Free breakfast! Right on I-65, Brooks, Ky. just south of Louisville, Kentucky. A great weekend trip or on the road traveling a fun time for the kids!! We will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank dbagby74

We are very thankful you chose to stay with us and that you and your grandchildren had a great stay. We always want to make sure everyone has a good time. Moms, Dads, Grandparents and of course all the kids. Our staff strives to make sure you have a clean and comfortable room, a great breakfast and lots of fun memories in the water park. We hope you have the opportunity to come back again.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

After reading several bad reviews of this hotel I was very weary of actually keeping my reservation. My family and I decided to go anyway and we are glad we did. My wife and I along with our 3 children (ages 12, 10 and 5) showed up around 4 pm to check in. That went smoothly enough with friendly service. Upon arriving at the room on the 2nd floor we found a roomy, clean and comfortable room with 2 queen beds and 2 twin beds. The room was comfortable and everything was in working order. We almost immediately proceeded downstairs to get our water park passes and go have some wet fun. The water park was clean, the water was very clear and clean, not to crowded and we had a blast. The water was a tad chilly in the bigger pool but not to bad considering it was 93 degrees outside. The spa was perfect and was not to busy either. Yes, you have to walk through a "bar" to get into the water park, but it's a family friendly place that sells beer. No big deal.

We had a comfortable nights sleep. The air conditioner was quiet, and having a room that overlooked the water park, it was amazing quiet. The next morning we enjoyed the free breakfast. They offered big and small waffles, cereal, donuts, sausage, eggs, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, boiled eggs, milk, juice and a few other items. It was hot and fresh with plenty of seating available. All in all it was a very pleasant experience and we will be going back in the near future for another stay. Don't know if the previous bad experiences mentioned on the forum here were because of management or just bad days, but our experience was a good one to say the least. We would recommend it for sure.

Shaun W.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor overlooking the water park and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family