“Don't listen to bad reviews!”

Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Salem, Indiana
“Don't listen to bad reviews!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is incredibly clean! When we first walked in the lobby was a great impression! The desk clerks were very nice and helpful. They got me and my family to our room with no hassel. Then to the water park we go! My boys LOVED it! They had such a great time, the rules were very clearly told to us, one at a time on the slides, no one under 16 in the hot tub (haha!) and me or my husband had to be with the kids at all times. Simple enough, no broken hearts when they tried to do stuff. It was such a fun trip! The guys in the water park made trips around to watch the children which made me feel safe since my youngest isn't the best at swimming. The girls in the cafe were so friendly and the food is so cheap! $10 for a pizza and no delivery fees!! The breakfast was great too, the girls running it kept everything stocked and full. Plenty of choices which made feeeding my two boys easy as they are picky eaters. They did get a little crowded but the girl at the desk told us we could sit in the resturant area which was perfect. Our room was lovely, very spacious. Other than a small stain on one of the comforters everything was perfect. I quickly phoned the front and the young man brought me a new comforter! How polite! My only complaint was no fitness center, but over all, it was a great trip! If they weren't shutting down the water park we would make it an annual trip

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for a room that overlooks the water park, well worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 383MelissaH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rittman, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The rooms are small and noisey, but then again it's a themed hotel and I expected as much. Breakfast area is small and is only served until 9am. The waterpark is typical and my children had a good time.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the highest floor as this way you should not have any issues with children ru...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tlcain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I would not spend another dime on this run down hotel i suggest u burn ur money first walk in the room its dirty CHOCOLATE on the cover hair on the bath room floor, go to the park its lil and boring then i go to the room and take a nap as to im pregnant then i get up and go to the hot tube and a women is yelling at the manager BROVO bc her children wanted in the hot tube with het which i understand their dangerous but thats her choice as long as their behaving and as she said she seen no rules against it then this blond heading dingy girl comes and ask me and my sis ages im 17 18 in less than a mnth and says we have to leave till our sick father can come supervise us hello im pregnant i can take care of myself all i was doing was had my feet in 3 ft of water they were jus rude plz don't waist ur money

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank cheyenne123

Travellers are raving about these Shepherdsville hotels

Boiling Springs, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

I accompanied my husband who was in the Louisville area for business for 3 days. There was a mega-event in town that week so every hotel was fully booked by the time we tried to make our reservation. We found this place in Shepherdsville, which is only 20 minutes or so south of downtown Louisville.

What a nicely decorated property. The finishes in the rooms are very well done- interesting rectangular tiles on bathroom floor, cool carpet and drapery fabric, sleek sink faucet, neat apple-green accent wall behind bed. The rooms are a bit smaller than most hotels, but it was clean, modern and more than sufficient. The in-room wifi worked very well, too.

There is no fitness center at this property. You are given free access to a local gym that's 1.6 miles away called Hesters. It's on the top floor of a dumpy warehouse- not very nice inside or out. However it gets the job done is you're just looking to burn some calories on a treadmill or elliptical machine. Looks like Hesters is getting a brand new building very close to the hotel (under construction now and probably won't open until the end of 2013. ) If they allow hotel guests free access there, it will be heavenly.

During the winter months, their indoor water park is only open on weekends and the rate is MUCH higher . During weekdays, when the park is closed, you can get a "normal" rate. I believe they open daily sometime around the end of March through mid-April for spring break.

The only complaint we have is that the street noise is VERY NOTICEABLE in rooms on the side of the hotel adjacent to the road. Our room was #305, so try to request a room with an even number so that you are on the quieter side of the building.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank georgiamelissa
louisville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I usually do not comment on sites, but have fond memories of my son's birthday that we spent at this hotel and would like to recommend it it to others. Several comments on here pertain to the pirate cafe serving beer and that they do not want their children to have to walk past a place that sells beer to go inside the waterpark...seriously? Pizza places serve beer, so do grocery stores. I did not see any drunkin pirates that would have traumatized my kids...just good clean fun and and enjoyment. When the water felt too cold, it is a pool right? we just went and warmed up the the beautiful sauna. Great breakfast, clean rooms, friendly staff, great price! Look forward to another visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LouisvilleHeather123
Southern Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Our recent stay at Comfort Inn Pirate's Bay Indoor Water Park proved to be interesting. First, the customer service was VERY GOOD. The staff had a positive attitude, were helpful and displayed a friendly smile. The water park was AVERAGE for an indoor water park. It was geared mostly for kids 12 and under with the exception of the hot tub for those over age 16 (funny...a toddler was floating around when I first arrived at the hot tub!). Anyway, the indoor water park is really the only reason most people, including myself, stay at this property because the actual hotel is POOR. The card key system simply does not work. We had to swap keys multiple times and were locked out due to faulty keys more than once. The hotel ran out of hot water during our stay (that was a first for me). The rooms need a deep cleaning. Our bed had a dirty/stained comforter and my son's bed had chips or food of some kind under the mattress. The hallways, common areas and elevator needed vacuumed. Also, the breakfast bar needs some improved traffic flow during busy times. The staff, while helpful, needed to focus on restocking and cleaning the bar as quickly as possible during busy times.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Shepherdsville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I live in the area and purchased 2 tickets at an auction for day passes to the water park.
After arriving with my daughter and her friend, they would not allow me inside to watch the girls unless I purchased a ticket for myself. I explained I was not staying there and did not have a swimsuit with me. There was only five other people in the water park,
and it is very small, it would have been easy for the staff to notice if I was actually swimming and I explained this to the manager. The female manager explained to me, in a condescending manner, that I should have been made aware of the policy when I purchased the tickets and that she could not be flexible. I begrudgingly paid to enter but only because I had two excited little girls. Once inside I was even more disappointed to find that there are no chairs to sit at, only a long bench that runs down one wall of the park. The park is small and dark, I would not return again even if I had not had the negative experience with paying to "not swim".

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Wendyshepherdsville
Angel F, Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
I would first like to extend my apologies if you felt my attempt to explain our regulations were condescending. That was not my intention. As you can imagine with a facility like ours there are many rules and regulations that we must follow not only for the safety but also the comfort of our visitors.

Due to the size of our facility we are limited to the number of passes that may be distributed in a day. This includes complimentary passes, day passes and arriving hotel guests. This can be a difficult judgment call not always knowing how intense the crowd may or may not become. At the time of your arrival we anticipated a sell out just as we had just experienced the day before. Many parents choose to not swim and only chaperone their children. This can take up many passes through a day and therefore we must charge for all who enter into the actual water park.

As for the seating, we do offer chair seating in the alcove area within the water park along with the benches on both sides of the facility. We also have the additional table seating in the cafe for all visitors.

We do appreciate you supporting the not for profit you purchased the tickets from. We try to support as many local organizations as possible. I am also sorry that you did not receive the letter of explanation with your prize. We will try to make sure that all future organizations understand the importance of this letter being presented with the tickets.

I would like to speak to you further if you would like to contact me. We hope you will give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
BEST WESTERN Shepherdsville
BEST WESTERN Shepherdsville
#2 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Brooks
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South

Been to Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South? Share your experiences!