“Second time Around...Still Good”

Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is the second time staying here. EZ on off the Interstate I-65 at exit 121. Really there is nothing to complain about. The room was well taken care of as far as being clean and neat. The only rub I had was the uncomfortable chairs. This must be a Comfort Inn thing. In fact, I went to a Wal Mart and bought one of those cheap folding chairs. Next time I'll bring one from home. There's no reason for not staying here for an over night stay. There are a few restaurants within walking distance as well as a McD's and Burger King, and Subway. I'll stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Angel F, Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2014

Thank you for the feedback as we cherish all the compliments we get so we can continue on doing the right things here at our Comfort Inn Louisville South.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was pleasant surprise as we were expecting minimal selection and found hot food available.
The hotel is very convenient to several restaraunts including Cracker Barrel next door and McDonalds within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at our Comfort Inn Louisville South.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I discovered this gem in Louisville while travelling for work. It is right off the highway which gives great access to get to work downtown. It is just far enough out to not have to deal with the rift raft of downtown as well. The hotel is nicely decorated and comfortable. Cleanliness is my priority number one and I am a hard critic. This place passes even though for whatever reason I have lots of long hairs coming off of my carpet, previous peoples toenail clippings, etc. Stuff like that, however everything is spotless, maybe vacuum was broke, it happens. The breakfast is what you expect, and I have not found a fitness center or swimming pool. The staff is very friendly and like I said property seems to be well maintained and clean. I will be staying here anytime I come to Louisville and would recommend it to anyone. Hopefully vacuum will be fixed next time I'm there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kevin c

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you had a good stay overall. However, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Thank you for staying at our Comfort Inn Louisville South.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Location is convenient to I-65 and Louisville. Room was adequate size, but the work desk is located right in front of the AC unit so sitting there for any length of time gets uncomfortable. Bathroom was small and the showerhead, faucet and drain plate were discolored and in need of replacement. Hot water was quick and easily adjusted. The sink in the dressing area was large with a very nice, modern faucet. The breakfast buffet included make your own waffles. HOWEVER, on Sunday there was no yogurt, the OJ and apple juice ran out and did not get replenished for quite some time. The water pitcher was not present and I presumed it was being refilled, but again it shouldn't have taken so long. On Saturday evening when we returned rather late (11pm) the 3 handicapped spaces were taken by cars without permits. Complained to the front desk, but at that hour they couldn't do anything. There are snacks and drinks available for purchase by the front desk. Good size refrigerator in room which kept things very cold.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We traveled to Louisville to take our daughter to college from California and needed a hotel with suites for 7 days. I found this hotel on Choice Hotels website and felt that it was convient based on the information I read not knowing what I was getting myself into. When we arrived we met SHANE the front desk clerk who should be the Manager becuase of the extra mile he went to make our stay great, but our stay was nothing like GREAT. Our room was serviced Once yes Once in 7 days, that is unacceptable. The only reason why our room was serviced at all was becuase of SHANE doing it himself. This hotel needs SHANE becuase without SHANE the Comfort Inn would nothing. Please bring you own maid service if you plan to stay at this hotel becuase your room will not get done. Way to go SHANE you are NO joke.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank guseboy
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Waterpark closed permanently, no pool at all. Non smoking room smelled of stale smoke and wrappers, trash, etc found behind bed and under table as though room is never swept. The only plus for how dirty the room was, was that we did not find any bugs...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ammill10
Angel F, Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive stay with us recently. Our priority is to always make sure the guest has a comfortable stay. Yes, we closed the water park in April and we have been communicating this closure thru our message system, on line and direct contact. I apologize if you were not informed of this change. As for the cleanliness issue and the smell of smoke this of course is not acceptable nor our standard. It would be very helpful if you would be willing to contact me directly so that I can obtain some information from you in order to make improvements where needed. Customer comments are an important part of helping us work towards great stays for everyone. Thank you

Reviewed 28 May 2013

On a late arrival seeking accommodation we found the staff very helpful with a very nice room to accommodate our needs. The room was very nice and the beds great after a long drive from Georgia. With the price of the hotel breakfast was very welcome as being on the road having breakfast before moving on was very welcoming to get us on the road towards to Cleveland.

Room Tip: As a late check in we found the staff most accommadating in our needs