“Very nice great value foe your money”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Louisville South, KY
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Very nice hotel, friendly people at check in, bed was extremely comfortable. Good breakfast, if I had one complaint the swimming pool water was entirely to warm.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 28 June 2012

reservations: June 21st to June 22nd 2012

I called the main number to the Shepherdsville KY Country Inn (502-543-8400) to make reservations a week before my stay. I booked 7 rooms with Candie (front desk clerk) and 2 days before the trip, reserved 2 more rooms, using the same phone number, for a total of 9 rooms. The rooms were reserved using my bank check card/credit card. I did cancel 2 rooms before 6pm on day of arrival. I asked while making my reservations (on the phone) about government/military and AAA discounts. I was told to present our cards (membership or government ID) upon check-in and discounts would be applied.

We traveled from Indiana and arrived to check-in at Country Inn and Suites Thursday June 21st 2012 after 6pm for the remaining 7 rooms. I gave Candie (front desk) my reservation numbers but she stated they did not match the hotels confirmation numbers because they outsource their reservation bookings to a 3rd party. Candie also said, “I was told by my manager not to give you any more discounts. My Manager, Mike, will be in at 7am if you would like to talk to him about discounts.” She did accept everybody’s payments for their rooms using their personal credit cards. I was told that my card was only used to “hold the reservations” and there would not be a charge.

The next morning we went to the front desk and an Indian lady was working. We asked to speak to the manager as requested by Candie the night before. She told us he was not at the hotel at this time but he usually calls before he comes in and "I only work here, I am not authorized to give any discounts. I can get your name and number and I will give it to him when he comes in today."

I did not feel comfortable with this situation so I stepped outside the Inn to call my bank for my recent account transactions. I was told by my local branch in Indiana that there were 13 total transactions on my account by Country Inn and Suites and that 7 were flagged Fraud and 6 remained pending. I was given my bank's corporate phone number to clarify this information.

I went back to the front desk and the manager was there. He told my friends, family and I that he just arrived at the hotel when in fact he was sitting in an office at the hotel the whole time. The fact is he lied to us; I know this because my friends saw him through an open window at the hotel for an entire hour prior to arriving at the front desk.

I remained on the phone with my corporate bank and I gave the phone to Mike Padhiar (business card stated General Manager) to release all charges made on my account and he gave them authorization numbers to do so. I then paid for my room with cash.

I also called the Country Inn and Suites corporate office and reported this incident using the front desk phone at the hotel.

I am appalled at this experience and am shocked at how this happened. I was told that my credit card number was needed to hold the reservations and that nothing would be charged until we were at the hotel to stay. My friends, family, and I spent 2 hours at the hotel dealing with this matter.

My experience with Country Inn and Suites was much learned from and I will never stay at Country Inn and Suites again and I will assure that nobody I know will stay at this one. The general manager is named Maheskumar Padhiar and the location is Shepherdsville, KY. It is ridicolous that this happened to us and I wanted to report this incident so that it may never happen again to someone else.

Room Tip: This is the only bad review I have ever written for anything. To reserve rooms for friends/family c...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The desk clerks were very friendly, however, the housekeeping staff would never speed unless spoken to first. No smiles. Our room had an unusual carpet stain as soon as you enter the room that appeared that something was spilled. Inside that stain was a red stain that there had been attempts to clean so that little area was clean and you could really see just how dirty the carpet was. The sheers on the windows were disgustingly dirty on the bottom where one would touch to open the curtains. So with the being said we chose not to eat at the breakfast buffet, so I cannot comment on that. The bed was very comfortable. Overall, this location needs a bit of TLC and housekeeping staff needs to change if they do not like their jobs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Pleasantly greeted at the front door whenever we walked through; the whole building was maintaned well. The continental breakfast was hot served, good selection, and a very helpful server. Clean and kept, spacious rooms, were quiet despite the large crowds of people there. We would definitely recommend if you're ever in the area and needing a spot!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Beware of booking this hotel. Our room had sticky carpet and a bathroom door that didn't close. The worst part was the WiFi didn't work. Could log on but it kept timing out, no matter which site was used. I had a critical bit of business to do via internet. I went to the front desk with my laptop but it didn't work there either. The front desk is run by what seems like high school students who are not empowered to make decisions. I told her I need to get to sleep but to alert the manager that I would be asking for a discount for nonworking WiFi. The next morning, there was another school girl at the desk and I asked what was decided. She knew nothing of my conversation the night before and further, she stated "there is nothing I can do." So I asked her to get someone (like the manager) who could actually do something and she said he wasn't there. I told her to call him. It was 6 a.m. but I figured if the manager had done nothing the night before, he deserved to be awoken. Again, the answer was "he is not available." I told the clerk that unless they gave me a discount on my bill, I would dispute the entire room charge on my credit card since they basically did not provide the services which I booked. Again, the clerk was helpless so I called my credit card company and disputed the charge in front of her in the lobby so everyone could hear. Still nothing, except an "I don't care. There's nothing I can do." As I needed to get on the road, I gave the front desk my telephone number so the manager could call me. He hasn't called yet! What a pathetic excuse for a Country Inns & Suites. DO NOT STAY HERE. Facility is old (my feet were black from the carpet) and the place is run by young babysitters who care nothing about customer service. A really bad experience.

Room Tip: Room 214 has dirty carpet, bathroom door doesn't close, and you will be awake all night due to t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Swanie62
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here during the National Farm Machinery Show. Short drive from the show to the hotel. New Cattleman's restaurant nearby, easy on and off the I-65 exit, 12 miles south of Louisville. Hotel was nice, no problems, plenty of hot water, good cleanliness, breakfast is above average for hotel continentals, mattresses excellent, pillows OK. Staff freindly and helpful. No complaints other than prices are not discounted/inflated during the farm show.

Room Tip: South side rooms are bigger than the North side rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed here on our way to Nashville, TN for a weekend at the Gaylord. This was a clean and comfortable hotel, although there was some noise from the highway nearby. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 8 in Shepherdsville
Hampton Inn Bardstown
#1 of 8 in Bardstown
East Louisville
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Louisville East, KY

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Louisville South, KY? Share your experiences!