After arriving after 10pm, we check-in w/almost ease. Get to our rooms & 1 room looked and smelled great, the other...not so much. My son and I had 2 double beds so I first stripped down our sheets. Black hairs on mine and a long blonde hair on the throw. I plugged my phone into the outlet closest to the bed, and there was a bait trap. I looked under the beds and there was FOOD and garbage under BOTH beds. I went to the bathroom, and there were several black hairs all over the floor. I go to the desk with my son, and the night auditor's response was "Oh gosh" and "make sure your dnd is off of the door in the morning so housekeeping can service it." I went back up to my room clearly peeved and text my sister in the other room. She then told me they had no bait traps in their room, which was a great big RED FLAG!! We went back down to the desk & demanded to be moved, & she showed me the "only room they had left." There was garbage and what appeared to be a used cough drop under one of the beds, and bait traps in this room also, which I made her aware of. I stuck with the first room, as the 2nd clearly was no better, and my son was now sleeping. Not at any point did the staff offer to come clean the room, change the sheets, or even offer to move us...I had to ask. The next morning I spoke with the manager and he didn't even look at my reservation. He argued with what time I checked in, and said I didn't report the issue until after 2am. Wrong! Then he said there was nothing he could do. I said, so you are telling me you cannot clean my room and he said no. Again, not looking at my reservation to see I was there a 2nd regrettable night! If it weren't for the woman at the desk asking me, he would have never agreed to have my room cleaned. We left, giving them ample time to clean. The throw still had the same hairs on but the sheets "appeared" to be clean. The bathroom was taken care of, and so was the drainage problem we experienced in our shower. Under the beds the food had just been pushed to the wall...still there. And the room still smelled unclean. When we left to go to a wedding the manager asked me if I had seen what he'd done, like he deserved some praise for doing a bad job. This hotel is by far not up to Carlson standards in many ways and lacks some serious customer service. The blonde haired girl at check out was the only one who expressed genuine concern and addressed all of our questions promptly and appropriately. Checking out, by far, was the only good thing about this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South, KY, where guests are treated to quality services, comfortable rooms and a friendly atmosphere. Located in Shepherdsville, the hotel's location is near popular Louisville destinations like Fort Knox, Churchill Downs, the Kentucky Fair and Expo Center, the Louisville International Airport, the Kentucky Bourbon Trail and Jim Beam American Outpost, and is adjacent to the Paroquet Springs Conference Center. Work out in the fitness center, swim in the heated indoor pool and browse the free high-speed Internet access during your stay. The hotel also offers meeting space, a business center, RV/bus/large truck parking and the complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet. Book your stay online today to see what makes the Country Inn & Suites Louisville South one of the area's best values. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Louisville South
- Country Inn & Suites Louisville South Hotel Shepherdsville
- Country Inn Shepherdsville
- Shepherdsville Country Inn