“Terrible- Never Again”

Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were on a road trip and were staying at the Hampton Inn down the street. We asked the hotel staff where a nice place to eat dinner at and they suggested this place. It was horrible! We arrived at 8 pm and asked the waitress what we should order. She said they were popular for burritos and enchiladas. We ordered one of each. We proceeded to wait over one hour for our food. The awesome raspberry ice tea was good, but the food was not coming out. One waitress was more concerned about her birthday and fled the scene while other guests were cancelling their orders because it was taking so long. The waitress was apologetic and said the cook had to re-make all the burritos. When the food did arrive it looked like poop on a plate. The burrito had no flavor and the refried beans were just plopped in the corner. It was gross and disgusting. Asked if we could have a discount for waiting so long and was offered nothing. Then they messed up the check with another table, and the manager had to come and straighten that out. Will never eat here again. Majority of staff was rude and never checked on customers, food was tasteless and gross, and will not recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Service was ok, but that Pineapple salsa steak was brutally amazing. I also love the free chips and Salsa, though I wish they wouldn't burn their corn on a cob.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Bartender was very pleasant and I had the brisket tacos. Very good flavor and tender meat. Would definitely go again if there was one near me.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I was staying in a nearby hotel and wanted to do a takeout meal. I ordered tilapia fajitas, the person who took my order was polite, but didn't know any of the details of the dish. I waited 15 minutes and took my food back to the hotel. Surprise--I found the side meals, but no tilapia or vegetables. I had to drive back to the restaurant, the manager was at the door and knew I would be back. He made me a whole new meal and even offered me a restaurnat credit. So, mistakes happen and they tried to be accomodating. The dish was good when I finally got the entire meal.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We ate dinner here because it was super-close to the hotel we were staying at while out of town for business. Not bad, but not great. They are implementing a 100% smoke-free policy as of March 20, 2013 so the place will seem fresher/cleaner for sure!

1  Thank georgiamelissa