“Great Place”

Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This place had great food, great staff and excellent Margaritas!
I had a Chicken Chimichanga with red sauce. It was very good. The salsa I ate was their hot salsa. It had great flavor.

The staff members were all very nice. Visit this place if you're in the area.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Service was excellent and food was delicious. Nice atmosphere too. The servers took the time to give us tips on driving and finding parking at Churchill Downs the next day.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Overall you can expect not so good service at any tumbleweed I have eaten at. It's a chain and chains are terrible.
That goes for other chains as well. If you want good food, good service and a great atmosphere, go somewhere where
it is privately owned restaurant .

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stopped here because we could see it from our motel. Was a very nice restaurant and the server was great. Very friendly and cheerful. The food was pretty average though. I had the chimicunga (?) meal and it was pretty much buried under queso sauce. The salsa was just OK and the chips were pretty greasy. The food was hot and fresh though and I would give it another chance if we were in the area.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Was recommended by the hotel we were staying at as a "upscale taco bell" which should have been our first clue, but we'd already eaten cracker barrel and waffle house and didn't feel like driving far that night. There was a little drama as the manager told our server we were to be seated at her table, and they weren't busy at the time, but we didn't think much of it. We waited over 30 minutes for a burger, brisquet (sp?) and some chicken dish.
I had the cheddar bacon burger and I've had better burgers at school cafeteria lunches. It was burned, the fries were cold. My companions said the same about their food. The salsa was very ketchup based tasting and the chips were commercial tasting and not warm. Atmosphere was non existent. The server never asked about whether we enjoyed our food, even though it was obvious no one at our table had even made it through half our portions. She didn't want to know, and didn't care. The price was average for a restaurant of this type. Nothing was good. Very disappointing experience.