Fairfield Inn Louisville South
US$100
US$95
TripAdvisor
Average 3/5
All reviewssausageburger kingwafflescomfortable bedshighway accessnothing fancydecent hotelhotel is cleanfront desk staffgreat pricewaffle makerwould stay againroad tripeasy accessindoor poolpropertyjean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel was very nice. it was clean and the front desk was very friendly. the beds were comfortable. the room was comfortable. we didn't get to use the pool since when we arrived we were pretty tired after driving all day. the breakfast selections were good. i first had the eggs and they tasted terrible. i made a waffle instead. we did inform the desk that we thought the eggs tasted funny.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nanadiane1
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a fine, newer hotel. It's clean, nicely decorated, check in and out go very smoothly. However, the shower tub does not have a flat bottom. It is in fact, concave, as though I was standing in an elongated bowl. I felt as though I could fall due to its shape. I am ambivalent about staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tom W
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our website GranTorinoSport.org booked our event hotel here, and my wife and I loved the place. Breakfast was great, staff was really helpful and worked with us. They had put out towels for the car guys and girls to use if needed for dusting off our stuff, thought that was just a killer touch of first class service. hotel room was clean, bathroom was clean. Pool and hot tub are outdoors, and not in a covered room, so good/bad there as your own tastes prefer, not that we spent any time in it but looked nice and well cleaned.
First time staying in Louisville, and if we come back, I will book this place again.
Only complaint I had was the real lack of parking...due to another event along with the National Street Rod Association, there were a couple other events so it was jammed packed at night, so we had to park in the restaurant parking next to the hotel, but it seemed like a good, safe area. Plus when you dump a lot of money into your car and stress about the paint job, was good to park away from the normal cars anyways!

Close to a cracker barrel, burger king, and a couple gas stations. Pretty close to the interstate.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am confused about all of the great reviews regarding this hotel. The lobby looks great - ask to see a room first! We stayed here for a portion of our trip to Louisville because it was close to a relative's house. Never again. The room smelled so much of mildew that I actually had to get up at night to walk outside because it gave me such a headache. There was a large, wet stain on the ceiling of the room (we were on the 3rd floor). Doorknob on the bathroom kept coming off. Bathtub not clean - actually bathed the kids at our relatives house. Elevator that often made us wonder if we would be stuck. The breakfast was nice and the staff that I met were very nice also. Considering that the price was actually the same as a much nicer hotel in Louisville - I will just drive the extra miles every day during my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ItsUsInLux2011
Fairfield L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Louisville South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

Hello and thank you for the review of my hotel. I hate to hear you had a bad experience while visiting. I have personally checked the room you were staying in and made sure these issues were fixed so the next guest would not experience these problems. Please give us another try and I guarantee you will have a better experience or I will comp the room for you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is WONDERFUL! Held a family reunion in Louisville (August 1 - August 3) and we felt like we were at home. Jenny, Saundra and the rest of the staff were friendly and helpful. Jenny was extremely helpful as she helped us from one end of the hotel to the other, "Thank You". The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. The pool and grill areas were great and the breakfast was on point. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in the Louisville area!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family