“Family night out”
Review of Old Stone Inn

Old Stone Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Stone Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Southern eats and perfectly crafted cocktails of the historic Old Stone Inn. Est. 1700. Declared a National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior, the Old Stone Inn has a long history. Built in the 1700s, the inn has been a tavern, stagecoach inn, home, and finally, a restaurant. Erected from the stone quarry nearby, the Old Stone Inn is the oldest stone residence in Shelby County that is both standing and occupied. The Inn opened as a restaurant in 1922 and has had several owners in its long history. Its most recent, Christopher Kayrouz, has restored the inn and preserved its history, all the while serving up an array of delicious southern eats.
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Not impressed! Food was mediocre at best. Setting was nice but our waiter was not at all attentive nor friendly. He never came back to offer refills, etc. and to make it worse the price was high for value.of food,

2  Thank AnnaBerry_Kentucky

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I met an old friend here on a Friday night at 5:30 pm. This is a beautiful old building. We were both surprised at the lack of diners and had the restaurant almost all to ourselves for the hour and a half we were there. Made for a great place for conversation and catching up. I had the Chicken and Artichokes which was awesome while my friend had the salmon which she claimed was the best she's eaten. They served white biscuits with the meal which I didn't care for but otherwise a great meal with a nice presentation, helpful and friendly staff and reasonable price. I will definitely return when I'm in the area again.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

A delicious Thanksgiving meal with prompt service in a historic setting. A reasonably priced buffet with a generous dessert selection. An endless selection of traditional Thanksgiving foods blanketed the buffet. The bourbon laced bread pudding dessert was delicious. Parking was sufficient, and the grounds were well manicured. The staff was professional, friendly, and willing to tend to your every dining need. The dining areas were clean with plenty of cloth napkins, and seating for intimate dining or large holiday parties. Do not miss this dining opportunity unique to the region, and Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

The Old Stone Inn has a monopoly with it's location with no other restaurant in the area and I assume that this is the reason for it success thus far. The ambiance has the potential to be a wonderful local treasure but the kitchen is a killer. Over the years, I've been there four times trying their shrimp and grits, something I know a little about being from South Carolina, then the pork chop, glad my choppers were in good working order, the third time I've completely erased from my memory, and lastly the vegetable pasta. Now as an adult, I have mastered the art of twirling my pasta on a fork but they must have judged otherwise. The pasta was broken into 2 inch pieces making it impossible to control. The sauce, I kid you not, looked and tasted like canned spaghetti. The vegetables consisted of about six strips of yellow and red bell peppers garnished with raw spinach around the edge. Price $17. From now on, back to Louisville we drive.

2  Thank hytimebts
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Old Stone on US 60 has been around for a long time with many changing dining themes. Now under a new management and chef, it is putting on a good menu and relaxed experience. You can sit outside if you wish in summer, but we (wife and I) decided to do inside and liked the spacious uncluttered touch. Food was good for most part shrimp entree looked thin (5 shrimp) but the wife said it was good. I had the one and only famous Kentucky dish "the hot brown" and its was a hearty affair I could not finish...maybe a tad too much salt in the pork but that is what to expect in Kentucky. Overall recommend a visit.

1  Thank Bryan W