“Love It!”

Kentucky Reptile Zoo
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Slade
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: There are few reptile collections that can compare to the diversity of animals on display at the Kentucky Reptile Zoo. Animals on exhibit range from an 18 foot reticulated python, our largest resident, to many types of venomous snakes such as cobras, mambas, cottonmouth, copperheads, taipans and rattlesnakes, to an American Alligator. One of the favorite areas for kids is our Turtle Tracks Area, where both tortoises and aquatic turtles can be seen. Live reptile shows at 1, 3 and 5pm.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I Have 4 Little Girls & They Love Going Here. They Think We Have To Go Every Year! They Really Enjoy Watching The Snakes Get The Venom Milked Out Of Them! This Year They Even Got To Hold A Baby Alligator!

1  Thank Kbmomof4girls
"intern"
"extracted"
"knowledge"

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I visited KRZ today with my parents and my 11 year old son. We all had a wonderful time! The tour started at the gift shop with a very friendly and enthusiastic greeting. Next we were guided through the exhibits with very knowledgeable and friendly workers. These girls were great! They took their time and answered any questions from our group. At 1:00 Jim started the venom extractions. It was amazing to see Jim at work in person! Highly recommend all visitors to stay for the extractions! When Jim finished he stayed to answer questions from our group. He even allowed some pictures.
All-in-all KRZ is must see for any reptile lover or enthusiast. There is a huge number of very exciting species on display! I came from Miami, FL visit and I'm glad I did! I will certainly be back for a future visit!
Thanks for an amazing time Jim!

2  Thank Drmccoydpm
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My family and I visited the Kentucky Reptile Zoo on 8/8/13 It was a great experience! There was an excellent selection of venomous snakes. We saw snakes here that you can't see in regular zoos. Everyone was very nice and very knowledgeable about all of the animals and exhibits. We especially enjoyed watching Jim Harrison milk the rattlesnakes and copperheads. Jim is an expert and very well known in the world of animals. It was a privilege to be able to see him at work. The cost was very reasonable. I was more than happy to give my money to help support this valuable venom collection service. Because of Jim and his work, many lives can be saved!

2  Thank Ruth M
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Where else can you see a snake get milked for its venom right in front of you? I found this place very interesting. If you have curious kids, it's a must to visit this place if you're in the area. Mine loved seeing the snakes, turtles, and alligators we saw there. I was most impressed by the staff who demonstrated a thorough knowledge of the critters on display. It's nothing fancy, but the knowledgeable staff and snake milking made it worth the money for me. At only $7 per adult and less for kids, I thought the price was reasonable considering their overhead.

2  Thank Meggo37
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was just a bit disappointed in this attraction. There is a $7.00 fee per adult and that got us a tour of about 30 minutes. We were showed 3 small buildings of snakes, 2 alligators and some turtles. Venom is extracted here for research and that is a good thing so I don't regret the ticket price; I was hoping for more information from the guide and more displays. People added to our tour along the way and the buildings became quite crowded which made viewing difficult.

Been to Kentucky Reptile Zoo? Share your experiences!