“Red River weekend”
Review of Li'l Abner Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Slade
Li'l Abner Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Slade
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here while kayaking at the Red River gorge. The hotel is older but neat and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again and recommend it if your visiting the area. Be sure to visit the Nature Bridge state park and the natural arches that are everywhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank cnhbowles

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've stayed here twice. My first impression was that it looked like the kinds of places featured in certain slasher movies. As I was traveling alone, I was a little nervous. But the rooms were roomy, exceptionally clean, and the staff was friendly. I was also reassured by the fact that other guests seemed very comfortable and friendly, whiling away the hours with their families by the pool and sitting out in the little chairs outside the rooms. All in all, a pleasant experience! AND they accept dogs, which is fantastic.

Highly recommended. Also recommended: Miguel's pizza, just down the road.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank lqlqlqlq
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed here for 1 night whilst travelling to Louisville and wanted to do some hiking to see all the natural bridges in the area. Staff very friendly and were helpful after I booked into the Abners motel in Stanton by accident. Room clean and functional. Staff recommended places to see and eat. They stored my luggage after I checked out so I did not have to leave it in the car whilst hiking. Beautiful area and natural bridges amazing. Recommend the hike to double arch and courthouse rock. Also natural bridge in state park well worth a look and rangers very friendly. Could not fault this place and even came away with a free t-shirt.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Philmchenry
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I had a training for work at natural bridge, and My first reason for the reservation was the price was right,,,, but when I got their, I was surpised but how nice the room was, Is it a 5 start not by 5 star standards, but It was very comfortable , The bed , couch all comfortable, and air conditioning was great ,.. Room very clean,,, Love the refrigerator, microwave, great money savers, since everyone around is pricy as far as food,,, It was the best bang for the buck, great price and you dont sacrifice any thing, comfort clean , all the things you need ,,,And loved the pool ,, modest but perfect,,,,enjoyed laying by the pool in the evenings,, When you pull in it looks like a very small motel, but you will enjoy it, I know I will definitly stay their,,again when I am down that way,,,,, I highly recommend it , Its a 5 star for me,,, THank you , for a great visit! Lesa

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank lesa j
Reviewed 28 July 2011

What a nice out of the way place. The room was clean, the price was good, they had a pool, the parking lot is awesome for motorcycles and for a group - this place rocks. Picnic tables, grills, and gorgeous mountains!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lange1
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I rented a room for $66 bucks as a mini-vacation for my kids since we live less than an hour away. All was well- we brought our Wii with us to watch Netflix while the kids played in the pool. Around 12 in the morning, our teens are still splashing in the pool when two grown adults decide to have SEX in the pool in front of them. My husband called the front desk to complain and was told they would "check it out". My daughter was told by the person checking it out that "ah, they just got married". WTF? If you get married its okay to have sex in front of others in public? We left a bit after that and didn't finish staying the night. The night manager didn't seem shocked that we left and didn't even ask why, likely because he knew. The only thing that this motel has going for it is that it has a fairly nice pool, and that couldn't even be enjoyed for the perverts!!!! To make matters worse, you can pay five bucks now and swim there without renting a room, which means that the already small pool now stays at maximum capacity. Forgot to ask where the restroom is for this pool but anyway, it was stuffed with people that hadn't paid $66 to stay there, heads bobbing everywhere. Next time, I'll pay the additional ten bucks and stay at the Natural Bridge State Resort Park Hemlock Lodge...mattresses are so worn and old that we couldn't have slept if we'd have stayed anyway...too bad we werent offered our money back!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WowKyGal
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed in one of the $66 rooms. It was adequate, and our stay would have been fine had they not had plumbing problems which prevented us from having hot water for morning showers.

I must say the pool was marvelous!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Whitleywalker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slade
Cliffview Resort
Cliffview Resort
#1 of 2 in Campton
Campton Parkway Inn
Campton Parkway Inn
#2 of 2 in Campton
Natural Bridge State Resort Park
Black Bear Lodge Motel

Been to Li'l Abner Motel? Share your experiences!