“Reasonable Pricing and Clean Rooms”
Review of Li'l Abner Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Slade
Li'l Abner Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Slade
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Let's see: very reasonable prices, neat rooms, great service and cleanliness. What else do you need from a motel? Maybe an outdoor pool? An older touch? Or maybe remodeled and renovated rooms? They've got it all. It is an old motel (operating since the 70s), but that would add another layer to that experience. The location for the place is great, if you want to see the most interesting attractions of the ares: gift shops, skylift, state park... A very reasonable choice. Don't forget the free WiFi in the rooms AND cottages.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lina L

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We traveled with our family and our stay turned out nice.
Rooms were clean and Staff was very friendly with great service. I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Raghu B
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here while kayaking at the Red River gorge. The hotel is older but neat and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again and recommend it if your visiting the area. Be sure to visit the Nature Bridge state park and the natural arches that are everywhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank cnhbowles
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've stayed here twice. My first impression was that it looked like the kinds of places featured in certain slasher movies. As I was traveling alone, I was a little nervous. But the rooms were roomy, exceptionally clean, and the staff was friendly. I was also reassured by the fact that other guests seemed very comfortable and friendly, whiling away the hours with their families by the pool and sitting out in the little chairs outside the rooms. All in all, a pleasant experience! AND they accept dogs, which is fantastic.

Highly recommended. Also recommended: Miguel's pizza, just down the road.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank lqlqlqlq
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed here for 1 night whilst travelling to Louisville and wanted to do some hiking to see all the natural bridges in the area. Staff very friendly and were helpful after I booked into the Abners motel in Stanton by accident. Room clean and functional. Staff recommended places to see and eat. They stored my luggage after I checked out so I did not have to leave it in the car whilst hiking. Beautiful area and natural bridges amazing. Recommend the hike to double arch and courthouse rock. Also natural bridge in state park well worth a look and rangers very friendly. Could not fault this place and even came away with a free t-shirt.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Philmchenry
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I had a training for work at natural bridge, and My first reason for the reservation was the price was right,,,, but when I got their, I was surpised but how nice the room was, Is it a 5 start not by 5 star standards, but It was very comfortable , The bed , couch all comfortable, and air conditioning was great ,.. Room very clean,,, Love the refrigerator, microwave, great money savers, since everyone around is pricy as far as food,,, It was the best bang for the buck, great price and you dont sacrifice any thing, comfort clean , all the things you need ,,,And loved the pool ,, modest but perfect,,,,enjoyed laying by the pool in the evenings,, When you pull in it looks like a very small motel, but you will enjoy it, I know I will definitly stay their,,again when I am down that way,,,,, I highly recommend it , Its a 5 star for me,,, THank you , for a great visit! Lesa

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank lesa j
Reviewed 28 July 2011

What a nice out of the way place. The room was clean, the price was good, they had a pool, the parking lot is awesome for motorcycles and for a group - this place rocks. Picnic tables, grills, and gorgeous mountains!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lange1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slade
Campton Parkway Inn
Ramada Limited Mount Sterling
#2 of 4 in Mount Sterling
Natural Bridge State Resort Park
Black Bear Lodge Motel

Been to Li'l Abner Motel? Share your experiences!