“looked great on outside”

Americas Best Value Inn - Somerset
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
Winneconne
“looked great on outside”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

room needed deep cleaning done. Ref. had water coming out on floor, and a roach that thankfully was dead. When we left in the morning saw many dead roaches in front of another door dead. Coffee was not ready and had to wait about 5 minutes to get some made.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
abvisomerset, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Somerset, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
respected guest
thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor,
our management is so sorry about your experience with our motel but i took reasonable step and also had housekeeping meeting and discuss about incedence , again management is sorry for your unsatisfied stay with us and will be making sure that would not happen with you if u give us another chance neither with any other guest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through hotels.com. I don't know when the pictures were taken, but they do not represent the current condition of this hotel. It's dirty and not well maintained. The fixtures are old. The rate was good, which is the only reason I stayed. The front desk person was very nice and helpful but I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
abvisomerset, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Somerset, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
valuable guest
i am so sorry for your inconvienence at your stay with our hotel , management will take resonable action to fix all the problem you had and try not to happen with any other guest
again we are sorry and thank you for taking time to review our hotel

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms were nice. Wifi was easily accessible. Staff was courteous and very helpful. The pool room was clean and to be so close to the highway, it was very quiet. My kids stayed in the pool for a straight 6 hours and they loved every minute of it. It's hard to find a comfortable hotel bed, but these beds are the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept inn. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
abvisomerset, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Somerset, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Valuable guest thank you very much for reviewed our property and management is happy to hear from you that you had a good stay and kids had a fun at pool , we will try to give best service, whenever you come to stay our place,
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Been staying there for 3 years employees are friendly rooms are nice that's why I keep going back I would recommend my friends to stay there there plenty to do in Somerset water park in summer car show and only hour half away from corvette museum

• Stayed January 2014
abvisomerset, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Somerset, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Hello valuable guest , my name is vishal kapadia. and i am so thankful to hear from you. this review will help us in our future coming business. and thank you very much for talking your imoprtant time and review our property.

Again very very much thank you and hope to see you soon.
Hyden, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had an early morning dr appointment here in somerset so we decided to stay the night before because of bad weather. The staff was great and most important, the room was clean. The price was fabulous (less than 50).
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
abvisomerset, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Somerset, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Miss Jann
This is vishal kapadia, GM of americas best value inn, somerset,ky.
I am very happy to hear from you , that you had a great stay with us and your positive review on tripadvisor mean lot to us, and thank you for talking your important time and give feed back on us again very thankfull to you and hope you will give us another chance to provide your our best service we can
louisville ky
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I read all the reviews and figured out from management responses that this property is being slowly renovated so I asked for and received a renovated room. Spent about seventeen nights there on a business trip and while walking by other rooms could see they were not renovated. Our room was fine with new paint, new carpet, new bedspread and flat screen tv. The outside of the property could use a little freshening, the breakfast is minimal and coffee is weak. The desk personnel are friendly, professional and helpful. I will stay here again, in a renovated room of course.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
abvisomerset, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Somerset, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear guest , we are so much thankful to you that you spend your important time and write a review on us and we will try our best to give you and all our other guest , great hospiltaliy service , again thank you very much.
Braselton
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I booked a room for 2 night stay in early April. My Dad had passed away and we were traveling from out of state. Already its an emotional journey, we were put in the back of hotel. Very shady characters there in and out of cars, dealing drugs, etc. So, I am not feeling comfortable with this going on. I was gone for maybe 2 hours and came back. I was trying to talk to my husband and a man is right outside our door talking very loudly on his cell phone. We couldn't hear one another, this was how loud the man was. I politely asked him to move, his reply: "No, I won't and its public property, and I am here every week (as if to imply my 2 night stay didn't matter)." I informed the hotel clerk who didn't do anything. I was told before I made the reservation there was the internet, there wasn't or was told when I got there when inquiring about it: its not working. After checking out my husband realized he left behind a plastic shoebox with all his electronic chargers, tools, and mini speakers in the room. It wasn't in our vehicle. After checking out of the room and making sure I was going to be reimbursed for Not staying here; they looked and said it wasn't there and we went back and looked and it grew legs and must have walked out. Since this happened I was told that the hotel manager was going to contact me and still nearly 3 weeks later hasn't. We had to rebuy about $130 of the electronic chargers and speakers that were in the plastic shoebox.

Reasons for not staying here:

1. Was told they had internet
2. Obnoxious and rude man outside my door, and hotel staff doing NOTHING about it.
3. Drug activity in parking lot.
4. Having to inconviencing ourselves to pack up and move on a Friday night to yet another hotel, and spend more $$$.
5. This was a memorial service for my Father who passed away.
6. Our stuff was stolen.
7. Never EVER staying again at a Day's Inn: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Was told by Head Quarters that I would be contacted in a few days and that is because this hotel isn't within their Franchise. I would be "surprised" if I were contacted.

Very very very disappointed in GA.

Room Tip: Here's a perfect tip: Don't stay here!!! This hotel was dropped I was told, one week from...