“Exceeded all Expectations”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Indiana
“Exceeded all Expectations”
Reviewed 14 July 2008

Maple Hill Manor is a beautifully restored antebellum home in a peaceful country setting. The home is filled with warmth and hospitality from the innkeepers, Todd & Tyler. The food was fabulous and the rooms & grounds were just lovely. There are loads of attractions within an easy distance so you will not be bored! This place is a gem and I highly recommend staying there.

• Liked — Everything was done top of the line
  • Disliked — Nothing- loved it!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Henderson, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 June 2008

We thought the reviews were a little too good to be true when we decided to book this trip. However, we have never been wrong with Trip Advisor. There needs to be a category above excellent. The house was wonderfully restored and furnished. The hosts did indeed treat us like old friends or family and went out of their way to see that we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was a Gourmet/Country Cooking Fusion. I can't think of a breakfast that surpassed this one. The beds were extremely comfortable and afternoon dessert was a delight. We would strongly recommend this bed and breakfast and we will be back!

• Liked — The hosts and the breakfast.
  • Disliked — That we couldn't stay longer.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank RHawleyKY
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2008

I introduced my fiance to his first bed and breakfast experience here and what a wonderful first experience for him. Better yet, I am a seasoned b & b guest, and I can't say enough about this b & b and its innkeepers. Todd and Tyler were amazing! What a wonderful weekend. Their hospitality NEVER ended. They were always accessible and ready to help in whatever way possible. Wonderful sweet treats were always available, even if we couldn't eat after the magnificent breakfasts. I don't think I've ever felt so welcome. We highly recommend this wonderful b & b, convenient to so many attractions. Thanks so much, Todd and Tyler!

Stayed February 2008
Hawaii
Reviewed 29 January 2008

I always do a lot of research whenever we travel to a new place. Maple Hill Manor came highly recommended on another travel chat forum. After checking out their website, I booked 2 nights. This was our first stay at a B&B. The Kentucky country setting is perfect--serene and so relaxing, and Todd and Tyler were wonderful hosts.

I have to say that the breakfasts and the afternoon desserts were absolutely fabulous! I am a home economists and have had many, many desserts, and I have to say their brownies (to die for), apple pie, and cherry pie were THE best I have ever had.

The only thing I wished it could have had was a bigger shower stall (we were in the Harriett Beecher Stowe room with our two pre-teens). However, it was adequate and understandable considering the age of the home.

Stayed July 2006
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2007

I stayed here with 2 of my girlfriends and Todd and Tyler had to practically kick us out on our last day...we didn't want to leave. We'll be back there in 3 weeks to celelbrate my 30th brithday and we are so looking forward to the delicious breakfast that is served every morning and the great hospitality provided by Todd and Tyler. I would (and have) recommended this place to everyone I know!!!!

• Liked — the hospitality from Todd and Tyler
  • Disliked — the fact that we only stayed for 2 nights!!!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
cincinnati ,oh
Reviewed 10 December 2006

We just got back from our stay at the maple hill manor, and wanted to let somebody know how wonderful this b and b is. T he facility itself is just terrific, but the best part of the stay is the hospitality of todd and tyler. They are attentive, full of information and made our stay great. We will certainly be back again.

• Liked — llocation and breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — follow directions carefully
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 22 October 2006

Todd and Tyler do a wonderful job of making us feel at home. The place is beautiful and well kept. Breakfast is a treat.

The Alpaca and Llama farm was a pleasant surprise. They allowed us to actually hold a newborn alpaca.

Friendly atmosphere. Highly recommend.

Stayed October 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
General Nelson Inn
Bourbon Manor Bed & Breakfast
The Hill House
The Hill House
#1 of 1 in Loretto

Been to 1851 Historic Maple Hill Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!