“What a wonderful refreshing Place”

1851 Historic Maple Hill Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Springfield B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
A TripAdvisor Member
“What a wonderful refreshing Place”
Reviewed 11 March 2006

We stayed at this lovely B&B for 2 nights, the Historic Home is beautiful, We truly had a wonderful time, The rooms are beautifully done to make you feel so comfortable, the service during our stay was second to none. And the morning breakfast is to DIE FOR! We cannot wait to go back to this wonderful B&B!

• Stayed February 2006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Reviewed 25 January 2006

We stayed at Maple Hill Manor in the McElroy Suite on January 21, 2006. I must say, this was the best getaway my wife and I ever had. We arrived at the Manor at 4:00 p.m. where Todd & Tyler greeted us at the door. Tyler took our bags and showed us around the beautiful mansion. At 6:00 p.m., my wife and I had a private candlelight dinner in the romantic dining room. To start things out, Todd served these "mini" keish" for appetizers. They were so good. Next came the salad and I chose the house dressing. The dressing and salad was fabulous. The main course was the Chicken Coron Bleu and I must say it was to die for. To finish things off, Tyler brought us some marble cheesecake and a pear dessert for us to try. Although we didn't order the pear dessert, he went out of his way to make sure we tried it. It was a pear cooked with cinnamon served on a pastry and covered with a rasberry sauce and chocolate. Ummmmm. Goooood. Todd & Tyler made sure that we had enough to eat. I was stuffed and I'm a big guy.

After dinner, my wife and I retreated to our room for some relaxation in the hot tub with a bottle of champagne. The room is filled with candles and a light above the hottub is controlled by a dimmer switch to set the perfect mood. All that was left to do was to play one of the many romantic CD's supplied in the room. This was one perfect night.

The bed was comfortable and it had the most comfortable down pillows I've ever laid my head on. I slept like a baby.

The next morning, breakfast was served and I must say that Tyler & Todd outdid themselves. The hashbrown casserole, big omelette, bacon, & blueberry waffles were as you guessed it,great. This is one of the best breakfasts I've ever had.

To sum things up, I reccomend this bed & breakfast to anyone who wants to be treated like royalty. Todd & Tyler are truly the best. There were five couples that stayed that night and I think that four were repeat visitors. That says something right there. I know that I will be a repeat visitor and hopefully very shortly. I can smell the blueberry waffles right now just thinking about it.

Thanks Todd & Tyler,

Lee Mattingly, Bardstown, KY

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 January 2006

My husband and I stayed New Year's Eve 2005 and had a wonderful time! The hosts were very friendly and helpful, breakfast the next morning was to die for!
I highly recommend Maplehill Manor! *****

• Stayed January 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2005

We recently visited the historic Maple Hill Manor in Springfield, KY to celebrate New Year's Eve and my husband's 30th birthday.

I first called in February to inquire about availability, as we wanted to do a full house rental and the murder mystery dinner party advertised on the Manor's website. From that first phone call on, I was always very impressed with the professionalism and organization of the innkeepers, Todd and Tyler. The party was extremely easy to plan. A month or two prior to the event, Todd mailed me a list of characters and dinner options. They even accommodated a last minute request I made the week of the party for a birthday cake.

On the day of the gathering, the directions provided on the Manor's website made it very easy to find. When we arrived we were greeted on the porch and shown around the home. The pictures do not do it justice! The home is beautifully furnished and well maintained. The rooms (7 guest rooms and 7 bath rooms) were just as described.

As our friends arrived they all raved about the beauty of the home and location. The Manor is located on 14 picturesque acres. You feel "away from it all" and relaxed in the historic home. The main gathering rooms—the parlor, main hall, and dining room—were all perfect for our group to mingle and socialize.

We were there to play one of their murder mystery games over dinner (“1900s Fox Hunt Royal Reception”). The gathering was a surprise for my husband, and the house has a great floor plan for a surprise party. When he arrived, I took him to our room which is the one room in the house with a separate exterior entrance. This way, he had no way to know that our friends were already in the home. When it came time for the surprise to be revealed, we used the interior entrance (through another guest room) to connect to the second floor, and then he walked down the floating spiral staircase. As he turned the corner on the staircase, everyone shouted “surprise!” and began to sing happy birthday. He was so surprised that it took him a few minutes to realize that the people gathered were actually his friends (because they were dressed in their 1900-period costumes).

The game and dinner were a blast! Todd did a great job of explaining the logistics of the game. And both he and Tyler are fabulous cooks and hosts. We never wanted for anything (drinks were always replenished), and we had more than enough to eat. Not only did the food taste delicious (we especially loved their house salad dressing), but it also had wonderful presentation.

After the game, we all gathered in the parlor to watch the ball drop, socialize, and play other games (the Manor has a collection of games, music, movies/DVDs, etc. that you are welcome to use). Todd even made us fresh pots of coffee before retiring for the evening.

Once everyone retreated to their rooms, we were able to enjoy the quality accommodations at the Manor. Usually I do not sleep well away from home (I am particular about my mattresses and pillows!), but my husband and I slept soundly in “The McElroy Honeymoon Hideaway” room which is complete with a gas fireplace and Jacuzzi tub.

The next morning, as we came downstairs, we were greeted with the smells of breakfast and music in the dining room. Once again, it was a great time of fellowship as our group comfortably gathered around the large dining table. Breakfast was a feast (we didn’t eat again until later that evening when we returned home!). We enjoyed tasty bacon and homemade pancakes, along with scrambled eggs and cheesy hash browns (water, juice, and fresh brewed coffee were also served).

Our experience at Maple Hill Manor exceeded all my expectations. We were there with a group of friends we have met while in graduate school (many will soon be moving in separate directions). Before we had even left the Manor, talk began about having reunions and gatherings here in coming years. This will be such a perfect place to reconnect and relax while away from all.

Again, I can’t say enough about the innkeepers, Todd and Tyler. They were extremely personable and constantly went above and beyond in terms of service and hospitality. They have superb attention to detail and seem to have thought of everything (rooms have magazines, soaps, toothpaste, make-up remover tissues, candles, reading lights, clock radios, etc.). I cannot think of a single thing that we were not pleased with.

We definitely look forward to returning for another (hopefully longer) stay!

• Stayed December 2004
6 Thank Cindy30A
Reviewed 12 July 2004

We stayed at the Maple Hill Manor Bed and Breakfast last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We could not have asked for better accomodations, more beautiful grounds or more friendly, helpful, gracious hosts. This was our first trip to Kentucky and the stay at Maple Hill Manor was our favorite. Tyler prepared a wonderful breakfast and Todd was extremely helpful in helping us find locations in the area we were interested in. The rooms are lovely and spacious. We loved our stay and will return again!

1 Thank Gloria E
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 February 2004

These guys know what they are doing. My family and I were truly treated like royalty. The food is outstanding( Tyler should write a cookbook!), the accomodations are superb and you could not ask for more graciuos hosts.The house is full of history and the grounds were wonderful. You really need to vist this place as soon as you can! If anything, just to see what a real breakfast is suppose to be like.

4 Thank ripley40
Reviewed 26 March 2003

This beautiful plantation home and farm is just incredible! The Innkeepers will treat you as close friends and provide royal treatment, delicious food, and extra comforts that you would expect from a Bed & Breakfast. The Farm Animals are fascinating - Alpacas, Llamas and Pygmy Goats - our kids loved them! We will definitely return!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
General Nelson Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 8 in Bardstown
Bourbon Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to 1851 Historic Maple Hill Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!