“best innkeepers ever”

1851 Historic Maple Hill Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Springfield B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 December 2006

We just got back from our stay at the maple hill manor, and wanted to let somebody know how wonderful this b and b is. T he facility itself is just terrific, but the best part of the stay is the hospitality of todd and tyler. They are attentive, full of information and made our stay great. We will certainly be back again.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 22 October 2006

Todd and Tyler do a wonderful job of making us feel at home. The place is beautiful and well kept. Breakfast is a treat.

The Alpaca and Llama farm was a pleasant surprise. They allowed us to actually hold a newborn alpaca.

Friendly atmosphere. Highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed 14 September 2006

This was our first time at a bed and breakfast and we (I) went into it with some reservations. After our two day stay at Maple Hill I can not see going anyplace else. Todd and Tyler may have only been running this B&B for 5 years but they act like seasoned pros.

We arrived and were greeted with the smell of chocolate peanut butter brownies and various fresh home made pies. After a short but complete tour of this wonderful house we were left alone.

As this was our 10th wedding anniversary I had been in contact with Todd for a little over a week via email setting up various aspects of our stay. All of my expectations were met and exceeded.

Breakfast was better than you could ever imagine and almost worth the 4 hour drive just to eat. We never felt as if we were in someone else’s home. Both Todd and Tyler went out of their way to make us comfortable while staying out of our way if we wanted to just sit around.

With no other experiences to judge this B&B against I can not accurately tell you this is the best in the world. I can confidently tell you I will be back and I can not see trying any other B&B.

Thanks to the hosts for a memorable experience we are still talking about weeks later.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank vikingbb
Reviewed 8 May 2006

I can't say enough about how beautiful this bed and breakfast is! The innkeepers are especially knowledgeable about the heritage of their area and friendly. We had a great time. Breakfast was wonderful, Todd and Tyler even set up horse back riding for us and it was awesome! We want to come back and visit so much! One of my favorite parts was watching the baby goats jump for yesterday's muffins!

Stayed: June 2004
1  Thank honeybee830
Walton Ky
Reviewed 11 March 2006

We stayed at this lovely B&B for 2 nights, the Historic Home is beautiful, We truly had a wonderful time, The rooms are beautifully done to make you feel so comfortable, the service during our stay was second to none. And the morning breakfast is to DIE FOR! We cannot wait to go back to this wonderful B&B!

• Stayed: February 2006
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 January 2006

We stayed at Maple Hill Manor in the McElroy Suite on January 21, 2006. I must say, this was the best getaway my wife and I ever had. We arrived at the Manor at 4:00 p.m. where Todd & Tyler greeted us at the door. Tyler took our bags and showed us around the beautiful mansion. At 6:00 p.m., my wife and I had a private candlelight dinner in the romantic dining room. To start things out, Todd served these "mini" keish" for appetizers. They were so good. Next came the salad and I chose the house dressing. The dressing and salad was fabulous. The main course was the Chicken Coron Bleu and I must say it was to die for. To finish things off, Tyler brought us some marble cheesecake and a pear dessert for us to try. Although we didn't order the pear dessert, he went out of his way to make sure we tried it. It was a pear cooked with cinnamon served on a pastry and covered with a rasberry sauce and chocolate. Ummmmm. Goooood. Todd & Tyler made sure that we had enough to eat. I was stuffed and I'm a big guy.

After dinner, my wife and I retreated to our room for some relaxation in the hot tub with a bottle of champagne. The room is filled with candles and a light above the hottub is controlled by a dimmer switch to set the perfect mood. All that was left to do was to play one of the many romantic CD's supplied in the room. This was one perfect night.

The bed was comfortable and it had the most comfortable down pillows I've ever laid my head on. I slept like a baby.

The next morning, breakfast was served and I must say that Tyler & Todd outdid themselves. The hashbrown casserole, big omelette, bacon, & blueberry waffles were as you guessed it,great. This is one of the best breakfasts I've ever had.

To sum things up, I reccomend this bed & breakfast to anyone who wants to be treated like royalty. Todd & Tyler are truly the best. There were five couples that stayed that night and I think that four were repeat visitors. That says something right there. I know that I will be a repeat visitor and hopefully very shortly. I can smell the blueberry waffles right now just thinking about it.

Thanks Todd & Tyler,

Lee Mattingly, Bardstown, KY

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ft. Knox, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 January 2006

My husband and I stayed New Year's Eve 2005 and had a wonderful time! The hosts were very friendly and helpful, breakfast the next morning was to die for!
I highly recommend Maplehill Manor! *****

• Stayed: January 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Bourbon Manor Bed & Breakfast
#6 of 10 in Bardstown
Springfield Inn
Springfield Inn
#2 of 4 in Springfield

Been to 1851 Historic Maple Hill Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!