“Have always had a fabulous experience here!”
Review of Edgewater Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taylorsville
Edgewater Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taylorsville
“Have always had a fabulous experience here!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have stayed here several times, and each time it has been a fabulous experience! The cottages are very well maintained. Sitting in the hot tub on the porch with a view of the lake is fabulous at any time of day. The staff is easily accessible when needed and very friendly. We have explored many places in the area and always find something fun to do that is within a hour drive.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Becky W

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was the best weekend getaway! We can't wait to go back!! And our hosts were just great! A hidden treasure in Kentucky! Jacuzzi on the deck, privacy, stars at night! You need to experience this for yourself..

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Grandmaof3boys
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I seen this deal through living social and thought it would be perfect for our anniversary. The plus was that it was within 45 minutes of a handful of whiskey distilleries. We hit up the whiskey festival that weekend, the Talon wine tasting, and the Makers Mark distillery. The resort was extremely nice, the jacuzzi added the perfect touch. The staff was friendly and I've never had anything bad to say about the Kentucky hospitality from the locals. On the morning we were leaving I even saw a doe in the neighboring cottage's back yard! We went into town to get the free coffee from the Tea Cup on the morning before we headed out. We definitely plan on coming back again but were bringing whiskey appreciating friends with us!

Room Tip: Make sure to run the hot tub a couple of hours before getting in. It takes a little while to warm up...
1 Thank Katie F
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was trying to plan a surprise getaway for my husband for our anniversary and a friend recommended I try living social. Wow I found this great place n it was a perfect place to get away from the city and relax. Sophie helped me pick the right cabin and it had so many amenities that we didn't use them all. We definitely want to return and even bring the family.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank 1HotGmaPaPaHot2
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I also found this place through a Living Social offer. I am so glad I happened upon it. The place is great. We have vacationed many times in Tennessee cabins and the cottage is very comparable. It is a nice convenient distance to just about everything. Booking was easy, the staff was accomodating even given short notice of a last minute romance package. Sophie is also very helpful if you forget something and she does not make you feel as though you are an idiot. Views are breathtaking. Yes there are some bugs and they can be pesky, but you have to understand where you are -- we did not encounter any insects that would hurt us -- they were mostly the river gnats, there are spiders, but I only killed one in the house, most of them were on the porch at night which is normal since you are in the woods near water. Many many bugs do come into the house, just with the opening of doors and such and I believe that the staff realize this and clean them as much as they can. I swept up each morning because there were quite a few insects, but they seemed to be pretty harmless, just a bit annoying. We encountered 2 turkey hens and we saw 8 deer during our visit. I know we will be return repeat customers, my husband mentioned how nice it was as well. We went to the pool at night when we got back from a busy day (during our stay it was my belief that the pool was open until 9) and we went each night until about 9, the pool is not lit after dusk but it was still nice for a quick dip. I would love to spend time at Edgewater just lounging at the pool for a day instead of the quick dip we were able to take, so maybe next time. We look forward to it. The only other comment I have is to make sure you bring a hair dryer if you use one, as there is not one in the cabin we stayed in, but it was well stocked with normal daily necessities. Also there is a Dollar General store not that far to get cheap/reasonable items that you may require during your stay like dish rags, extra towels, laundry necessities, and such. Also there are a few little known about restaurants, just ask the locals.

2 Thank tr1xie2
Asheville
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I found out about Edgewater Resort through Living Social and I had an amazing stay there. The cottage was perfect for us and the hot tub was wonderful. I got a massage from Katrina and it was amazing. The pool was beautiful and there was such a great little trail down to the lake. It was extremely peaceful and quiet too. We were so happy with the space we didn't even leave to take advantage of the surrounding attractions. But I will definitely be back and stay a little longer. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to getaway for a weekend.

2 Thank Jessica T
Brownsburg, Indiana
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I came down for a weekend and found Edgewater Resort not only to be very nice and clean, but the staff was so welcoming and helpful we could not have asked for a friendlier place to visit. We would highly recommend Edgewarter Resort to anyone wanting a great time...

3 Thank Lori K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylorsville
Hampton Inn Bardstown
Hampton Inn Frankfort
Hampton Inn Frankfort
#1 of 10 in Frankfort
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville

Been to Edgewater Resort? Share your experiences!