“Outstanding weekend getaway- Heaven on earth!!!!”
Review of The Woodford Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Versailles
The Woodford Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Versailles
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We just spent the weekend at the Woodford Inn and we're already making plans to go back!! The inn is just beautiful. The facility is spotless and furnished beautifully. The beds were so comfortable and we felt so relaxed!!! The staff went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. There was a parade going on a couple of blocks away and an adorable street for shopping -or you could just relax with your coffee on the back porch and feel like you were out in the country!! The food at the restaurant was incredible!!!! Our dinners were gourmet, fine dining.. so delicious and presented so beautifully. Breakfast was made to order and so amazing! Brunch and lunch were fabulous as well. There were so many choices on the menu I can't wait to go back to try everything else. I definitely recommend The Woodford Inn 100%. We are looking forward to going back as soon as possible!!! Five Stars Plus!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank shelby b

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I just spent the weekend at the Woodford, The staff was very helpful, courteous, and friendly. The food was outstanding and the Inn was all we expected and more. we will definitely recommend it to others.
Bill & Patty Reid

Room Tip: Room #5 Seclude!
1  Thank Quizmaster200
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We had read such excellent reviews ... but frankly, we were a bit disappointed. Perhaps the Inn is under new management since previous reviews? It was fine -- clean, nice furnishings, tempur-pedic mattresses. It was for our anniversary, and we hoped for more. The staff and service were ok. They did not go out of their way at all. Attention to detail was just missing ... a broken blind, a knob on jacuzzi missing, only one side table, a large bathroom with a lot of bare space. The breakfast -- provided with our stay -- was adequate, but certainly nothing special. I've never written a review on tripadvisor and I hesitate to be negative. On the other hand, I would certainly have liked to seen this review before we made our plans.

3  Thank rollingstonersk
Reviewed 6 November 2011

The property was Top-Notch, super clean, very comfortable, and nicely appointed with all of their furnishings. I imagined it to be located way out in the middle of nowhere, however it was just a block away from the main shopping strip of the downtown area of Versailles: and still quiet as could be when it was time to turn in for the evening on the very comfortable Tempurpedic mattress in our room. We walked everywhere conveniently. We experienced very freindly staff and local townspeople everywhere who both offered us great tips and advice on places to visit during our stay. Addies Restaurant inside the Inn provided us a bountiful breakfast with smiling and freindly staff to begin our morning. You know it's good food when the local residents pack the place for all of their meals! I will gladly stay at The Woodford Inn again when I return to Versailles, Kentucky!

Room Tip: Check out www.TheWoodfordInn.com while you are making your plans. You can view every room they offer...
4  Thank cookseyjp
Reviewed 15 May 2009

My friends and I were in town for the Keeneland meet and we wanted to find some place that we could relax and enjoy ourselves that was special. We found it!! Woodford Inn is a small hotel (10 rooms) in Versailles, KY and they have a restaurant and bourbon bar. The rooms were wonderful, tempur-pedic mattresses, jacuzzi tubs and we met the two people that own it (Kathy and Ken Lawson) and renovated the building. They were so gracious and took time to tell us about the building and the area and all the things that we should see and do. I felt so 'at home' sitting on the front porch having coffee in the mornings and reading the paper and also after dinner having drinks and looking at the grounds and visiting with other guests. I have already made reservations for my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank kwind09
Reviewed 21 July 2008

While volunteering this past weekend at the Woodford Humane Society's Freedom Fest at Gainsborough Farm, my girlfriend and I decided not to stay with friends this visit and we had found this gem one block off of Main Street in Downtown Versailles. We took a tour of the place during our Derby Weekend trip and decided this place was perfectly located and would make a great home base for our working weekend. Recently remodeled into an Inn, it features 10 very nice, very well decortated rooms all with queen Tempur-pedic beds and large, impeccably clean bathrooms. (there are photos on their website, I forgot to take any) Our room was even equipped with a ceiling fan and I love to crank those up at night. I had the opportunity to speak with Kathy Lawson who, I believe is the owner and a builder by trade and she was the one who converted this place into an Inn, and she did a great job. All of the staff were very friendly and very helpful. Sunday morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find coffee and an assortment of sweet rolls in the main room downstairs, as well as a couple of other friendly guests who were combing thru the Herald Leader. We did not eat at Cleveland's, the restaurant in the hotel as food was provided out at the charity event, but the restaurant was packed both Friday and Saturday evening with mostly locals, and I've heard from friends the food is good. The restaurant is owned and operated by the same people who own Holly Hill Inn in Midway and they also have a good reputation with our friends. We had a great stay, both of us loved the Inn, and it was very convenient for us to be in the heart of Versailles. For someone planning a trip to the Woodford Reserve Distillery, Equus Run Vineyards, any of the Woodford County Horse Farms, or even Keeneland (15 minutes away) the Inn is a great place to stay and a welcome switch from the generic chain hotels.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Volkl1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Versailles
Hampton Inn Frankfort
Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport
Hilton Lexington Downtown
Hilton Lexington Downtown
#12 of 71 in Lexington

Been to The Woodford Inn? Share your experiences!