“HORRIBLE! Wedidng was ruined!”

and 1 more site!
Rabbit Creek Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Versailles B&B and Inns
Louisville, Kentucky
“HORRIBLE! Wedidng was ruined!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Where do I even begin! My wife and I booked this place for an all inclusive wedding. We were promised a designer wedding cake, which ended up being a plain cake from a grocery store. We were also told there would be a bartender and a hairdresser. .....they were both the same person! Who was also late and caused us to miss out on pictures with the family. Might I mention the "photographer" was also the decorator/photographer/kitchen help. Some of the guests were overcharged during their stay and Glenda was very rude when asked about it. This place was a nightmare

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Reviewer2139604

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I had to cancel my reservation rather close to my arrival date and Glenda did not charge me! A pet had emergency surgery so we thought best to stay home. I WILL definitely stay here the next trip to Kentucky. Just the name and the photos on the well done site helped me make my decision.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Karen K
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I recently got married at Rabbit Creek. When looking for a venue I knew I wanted something with lots of flowers and outside. After I visited and saw the beautiful garden and ease of access for my elderly family members I knew this was the place for me. Glenda started off being extremely helpful and making lots of great suggestions that really helped me start planning. She offered to pretty much take care of everything. Cake, catering, and venue all for a reasonable price. I gladly agreed and everything seemed set and organized. Unfortunately she did not follow through with many of her promises. To this day I am unsure if she is just forgetful or inconciderate. Either quality is not something that makes planning a wedding easy. Every time I met with her she talked about how extremely busy and overwhelmed she was and had forgotten important details about my wedding. The first issue I had was about chairs. Before agreeing to get married there she told me she had plenty of chairs for the wedding and reception so I would not have to order any. The next time we met after paying the deposit she tells me she only has 'inside' chairs so I will have to order some. I was noticeable freaked out by this and like an excellent wedding coordinated and business women she took care of it. She called a man she knew and arranged for him to leave white chairs for outside for my wedding. After that everything went down hill. She forgot meeting times multiple times and either showed up late or had other people there she was meeting with. After this I started to see how unorganized she was and decided to go with someone else for the caterer and cake. She seemed understand and apologized for missed meetings and I thought all mishaps were squashed. The week of the wedding I called to tell her when I would be there and of course she wasn't there. After being there for about 15 minutes she shows up late and let's me know the tablecloths and runners she had promise I could use she did not have because 'she didn't have time to get them cleaned'. Again I was frustrated but tried to stay calm. I then found out the 100 inside chairs she had did not match like she had promised. Again I did not over react. We did minimal decorating because I wanted a simple look and left. The rehearsal dinner was the day I got mad. She had promised not to rent any rooms The weekend of my wedding to ensure we would have our privacy. I saw two different families staying there that night and she actually allowed one to walk in to the party room in the middle of our rehearsal. Things did not get any better the day of the wedding. Luckily all guests were gone by the wedding day but her family continued to walk around during the time we were taking photos before the wedding. Her granddaughter actually ran in front of us in a bathing suit while we we're taking pictures. We then went outside to finish pictures and they allowed three large dogs to run around the entire time. I politely asked Glenda's husband to have them put away and he agreed but they were out the entire time of the wedding and reception. I still had a beautiful wedding. The beauty of her bed and breakfast speaks for itself but Glenda did not act very professional by breaking many promises and causing extra stress when she should have been trying to help calm her paying bride. She lost a lot of business with me and my friends and family saw the chaos and my disappointment. Unfortunately for her, many friends and family members I have are getting married soon and all we're unimpressed with her service towards us. The bed and breakfast is beautiful and that's about the only great thing I can say. I would not recommend any brides to be to go with rabbit creek for their wedding.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My daughter got married at Rabbit Creek a few days ago. Only having moved to the Kentucky area 1 1/2 years ago, I cannot tell you how grateful I am to Glenda and Herbert for not only providing the perfect place for a wedding but also for recommending the photographer and minister. If you are looking for a photographer you do not have to hesitate, Debra is the best. Pics turned out excellent and she is more than willing to take any and all pics you want. Can't say enough about her. We had Allen Baker for our minister. With his friendly, laid back (and patient) way about him, he makes the ceremony go smooth. We felt like we had already known him. I really need to mention something about Rabbit Creek which was important to us. We really appreciated not only the beauty of everything but the cleanliness. Just immaculate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Today I am a mother-in-law! Our daughter was married at Rabbit Creek this weekend and we wouldn't change a thing! Glenda and Herbert Reed are genial, welcoming and helpful and bent over backwards to make our stay and event amazing. Not only is the venue surrounded by beautiful horse country, the Reeds have worked to make the landscaping lovely and homey at the same time. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I slept. I never sleep in a hotel bed. I slept. I felt so comfortable and taken-care-of!! Thank you to Glenda and Herbert for a wonderful wedding experience and a sweet stay in Versailles!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely and well appointed. You might ask which rooms face east if you are a li...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 3 May 2014

An extremely striking building (the internal staircase looks almost like Scarface's). The rooms are all differently themed and it's a hard task choosing one. The hosts make you feel at home (and are extremely experienced world travellers!)

Room Tip: Choose any room, but don't forget to have a look at the others!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Waynesville, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were fortunate to find a room available for the last day of Keeneland racing and the Rolex, and Glenda and Herbert's place is within 15 minutes of the Keeneland and 30 minutes from the Kentucky Horse Park, but also close enough to Bardstown to head that way pretty quickly.

The property is very nice, and the rooms have plenty of space, including our bathroom. Glenda and Herbert are great hosts, with a lot of history of the area. The B&B is right in the middle of really nice horse country. Breakfast is communal, and we had a great time talking with other guests.

I don't look for a B&B to be a hotel. it's a big house with lots of rooms, and you're in the house that somebody lives in. We enjoyed our stay immensely, and we'll definitely be back when we're in the area again. Glenda does a great breakfast, and Herbert mostly gets in their way, but it all works in a very friendly way.

If you're looking for a fancy hotel, don't stay at a real bed and breakfast. But if you want to be in horse and bourbon country with really pleasant hosts, I recommend Rabbit Creek.

The only negative was that there's a Santa by the pool table that made me jump every time I walked by! :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Versailles
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn
The Campbell House
The Campbell House
#19 of 71 in Lexington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort

Been to Rabbit Creek Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!