I booked this Bed & Breakfast for a special night out for my parent's when they came to visit us at Christmas.
1. They got an automatic upgrade on the room b/c no one else was staying there.
2. The castle is beautiful, and it's a fun experience that you won't find anywhere else.
3. Even though we didn't stay for the night, we got to see the room, check out the castle, and pretty much have the run of the place the next day to hang out in the billiards room playing pool.
4. According to my parents, the beds were totally comfortable and well worth the night as opposed to the futon in our guest room.
1. Bad service. Actually, no service. The guy that answers the phone does not make you feel like you want to spend $2500-$1,000 staying there. He is curt and impolite.
2. Did I say no service? My parents' room did not lock well, they wanted some bottled water, and there was NO ONE on staff or in the castle all night. They called the front desk, and nobody answered as well.
3. This is just a warning to the owner. We went back the 3rd day because I lost my cell phone. We walked in, searched the entire place, found the phone, hung out for a while...saw no one. I don't know what happened by fluke with the last reviewer that said someone came and kicked him out, but I have no doubt you could walk out of there with about anything anytime. Not that I will, just saying: get better staff.
4. The hot tub on the roof is not open in the winter, the exercise room looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years, the grounds have potential to be beautiful but aren't.
5. There are no hot tubs in the rooms, just small jetted tubs inside the showers.
We didn't buy the dinner so I don't know how it is. Of course, there was no one there to ask if you wanted to find out about it. Overall, it could be a great place but hasn't been managed well enough to get there. From other review I have read it's the norm to have only a few couples there on any given night. Could be a good thing for guests; definitely not good for business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CastlePost is a luxury tourist home located near Keeneland Race Track, the Kentucky Horse Park and the Lexington Airport. CastlePost features 16 stately guest rooms, an elegant ballroom, billiard room, tennis court, basketball court, swimming pool and so much more. CastlePost is more than another Lexington bed & breakfast, the CastlePost includes a grand dining experience nightly from our own executive chef. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Castlepost Hotel Versailles