“fantastic food”

Taqueria Beccerra
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 March 2014

not much ambiance, but the food was great.
started with spicy, chunky salsa. the chicken in my tacos was freshly prepared. not the typical shredded chicken sitting in a soupy broth all day.
you get a lot of food at a good price and cheap mexican beer.

also, I was visiting the area with my pups and there is a nice large open area to walk them right across the street.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Hidden, out of the way on a side street, no atmosphere, just very good food and lots of it, at a good price. It is really a family run resturant, and i have met all 4 members of the family.
Food is home made mexican tasty and spicy if you wish.

I had the Huevos rancheros, with Chorzio sausage, for lunch. they make it 7 or 8 different ways and serve it all day.. great for a cold winter day after being outside..

I nice lunch spot to add to my list. Go for the food, not the atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This was our first visit. 7pm on a Saturday night. There were not very many people there. When we arrived one couple was just leaving, and there was a table of guys finishing their dinner watching soccer on t.v. There are three massive wall-mounted t.v.s on the walls, which is kind of weird because the dining area consists of one medium sized room. This is definitely a family run operation. The teenaged daughter was our server. Her mom, the cook. We ordered guacamole and the house special hot salsas which were so hot our faces got red. Delicious. I am vegetarian, so I ordered bean enchiladas in the homemade corn tortillas. My husband ordered the taco plate with carne asada. We were both very pleased with our dinner. The mom came out a couple of times during our meal. She and her daughter were very friendly. The cost was $30 for two dinners, hot salsas, guacamole, 1 beer, two unsweet teas, and one tamale (my husband couldn't leave without trying one). It has bright fluorescent lights so the atmosphere is like a school cafeteria if your school cafeteria had flat screen t.v.s. Like the title of my review indicates, you don't go for the ambiance, you go for Mexican home cooking.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

From the outside this restaurant looks like a dive. We wondered if it was even open. Luckily we took a chance and were pleasantly surprised. The Mexican food was above average, the service friendly and fast, and the price was low. The atmosphere leaves a little to be desired and the tables and floors were slightly dirty. Would definately eat there again. Only real complaint was the kids meals could be better. Soda was the only drink option and french fries came with the kids entrees. French fries at a Mexican restaurant?

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here many times. It's a small family run place. The mom does all the cooking and they make their own corn tortillas. Everything is great. The chicken torta is one of the best sandwiches I've eaten anywhere. Go here and you won't be disappointed.