“Historic, interesting Woodford Reserve distillery”

Woodford Reserve Distillery
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Versailles
More attraction details
Owner description: Bourbon distillery
Leawood, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Historic, interesting Woodford Reserve distillery”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We enjoyed a very interesting tour of the historic buildings in a beautiful setting. The samples at tours end were unbelievably smooth and tasty.

Visited April 2014

pa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Corn to Cork”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I went to five distilleries in May. I went on the Corn To Cork tour at Woodford. My favorite bourbon. Decent tour but very canned. Guide was knowedgeable but was always looking at his watch. When we went to the tasteing area we had to taste outside in the sun. Not good. Would not return to Woodford. I went to Buffalo Trace the day before and spent 3 hours there with tour guide.

Visited May 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Tour!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

To be transparent, this was my first stop on the Bourbon Trail. The tour has been the best so far, but I was displeased with the sampling at the end. For a paid tour, the small shot of straight Woodford was disappointing. However, I do enjoy the shot glass souvenir.

Visited April 2014
Belmont, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Go see this distillery if you go to any”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure which was more beautiful, the ride to the distillery through all the horse farms or the distillery itself. They really treat you well here, from the greeter at the door to the ladies at the registers, to the tour guide, to the employees who were so friendly and would talk to you even though they were working.

The grounds here are just gorgeous, limestone buildings, easy to hear the guide using the radio and earbud. Small but very nice gift shop, as well as a beautiful tasting room.

I'm not sure there is anything they can improve. Well done and worth the price of admission $10.00.

Visited June 2014
Gaithersburg, Maryland
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Efficient and Attractive”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The waiting area has been improved since I last visited--about three years ago. The touring and tasting are very efficient. The use of the headphones and the bus down to the distillery are features that I didn't see on other tours. Our experienced tour guide was personable and made the tasting enjoyable. Prices in the gift shop are high. This tour does not subject the guests to as much self-promotion as other distilleries do, something I appreciated.

Visited June 2014