“Romantic Anniversarry Celabration”
Review of Montgomery Inn BnB

Montgomery Inn BnB
Ranked #5 of 7 Versailles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2009

Exceeded our expectations. Nice location and setting, nice, clean and charming room, GREAT breakfast and the epitome of good old "southern hospitality". I asked for the romance package of flowers and strawberries and Pam went the extra mile of having romantic music playing as we entered the room. Thanks, Pam

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2009

I went to my class reunion nearby and traveled alone. I felt very safe, the service was great. It was a very relaxing and satisfying experience. Owner goes the extra mile to ensure your comfort. Breakfast very adequate. Great advice on local resturants.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2009

First of all, I'm a notoriously avid planner who researches extensively before staying anywhere. Unfortunately, my husband and I ended up unexpectedly needing a room in the Lexington area so my normal research did not occur. That mistake won't happen again! We called and were able to take a last minute vacancy at the inn on a Saturday evening.

Check-in: handled by the young daughter (11 or so?). While she was cute and friendly, it did give me a little bit of concern. We received a short tour, but nothing remarkable.

Room: Upstairs room. Not noise-proof at all. Squeakiest bed ever - the kind where you are afraid to roll over that you will wake the whole house. Hardwood floors dirty (crevices filled with nastiness). Wallpaper peeling in the bathroom. Subpar tile job around the jacuzzi. Jacuzzi had hair from previous user and was yellowing. Lights in the bathroom flickered on and off on their own. Comforter was torn and the batting coming out.

Breakfast: Dirty silverware and glasses. Yogurt parfait was good. No notification of what breakfast consisted of at any point - eggs benedict just sat in front of you with about a cup of hollandaise on it. We picked at it and did the best we could (and we LIKE eggs benedict!). Breakfast area is unkempt and I hate to say it, rather tacky.

Parking: Ok and offstreet as long as you get there while it is available

Other amenities: we did not have turndown or chocolates, no cookies available (jar was empty), everything seemed tattered and worn. Front porch and the outdoor cats were nice.

Check-out: handled by the teenage (?) son. Never saw the innkeeper. First time I've ever stayed at a B&B where I did not feel inclined to give any type of gratuity.

Overall: completely underwhelmed. It felt dirty and unkempt. It was trying to be something that it clearly was not and probably could never be. The worst $159 + tax I've ever stayed for lodging anywhere. Obviously, we will not return.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank snwarf01
Reviewed 17 May 2009

The water pitcher in our room had brown crud on the bottom. I wondered about the cleanliness of the drinking glasses. In addition, the kleenex box was empty. The wi-fi internet was not working, but our hostess did not volunteer this information. After repeatedly attempting to log in, we had to ask about it. When the problem was solved the following day, the hostess' let us know that she went to a lot of trouble to get it fixed. She spent a lot of time complaining about various problems. The breakfasts were below average. We sat at the same table both mornings, and the vinyl tablecloth had not been wiped down because there was a sticky spot in the same place. The cookies available in the afternoon were stale. I felt it was overpriced and overrated.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank prairie-thunder
Reviewed 22 November 2008

This was my fourth stay at the Montgomery Inn, 3rd time with Pam, Ross & Michaela. This time we stayed in the Rose Garden. Another nice room and wonderful stay. I would recommend it for anyone. Michaela was such a dear and played Wii with my young son. Pam's cranberry/pomogranite compote for the pancakes was divine. I highly recommend the Montgomery Inn.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2008

This B&B is great. We felt very much at home. Pam was great. Our room was roomy and beautiful. My husband and I enjoyed the great breakfast we had the days we were there. We left and went on to Chattanooga,TN and stayed at the Mayor's Manor but the Montgomery Inn was so much better. I highly recommend. We plan to go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank nicetripSandiego
Reviewed 28 April 2008

My wife and I stayed three nights at the Montgomery Inn. Pam and her children were gracious hosts. We loved the laid back atmosphere. It gave us time to relax and enjoy our vacation. Breakfasts were well-prepared and wonderful! The inn is located such that we walked to a nice little restaurant downtown (recommended by Pam). We will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple