“Delicious Lunch”
Review of Wallace Station

Wallace Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Versailles
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Wallace Station, just outside Midway in the heart of Bluegrass horse country and on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, is a scenic stop for homemade sandwiches, soups, salads, an irresistable bakery case, and breakfast.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This unique little restaurant is a treasure. It does not look impressive as you pull up but it is impressive when you see the bakery case and the huge menu hanging overhead. You get in line at the door and place your order before you take a seat inside or outside at picnic tables. We had the Cubana sandwich, the catfish special, and the soup beans with cornbread. All were excellent. We wanted to order dessert but realized we would have to get back in line, so that wasn't happening! If you go, order dessert first, add your food, sit down!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We were at the Kentucky speedway for the NASCAR race and had some time to kill before the races started. I have an app on my phone that has all the dinner's drive in and dives on it. While looking for something to do we decided to try this place as it was only 50 miles away. First off the drive is beautiful. We got there at 2:00 and it was busy but no waiting. I ordered catfish completely out of my norm for lunch and it was very good. Deep fried with a light batter. My husband had the Cuban and it was aso very good with a good amount of meat in it. Our bottled water was not very cold but could of been replenished as it was after lunch. I don't know if the air conditioning was working cause it was warm inside. I would definitely go back. My husband said he would have a hard time deciding what to order if we went back cause he would want to try something else but might just have the catfish or the Cuban again. You order at the counter and they bring to your table. Staff was nice, friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Saw this place on Diners Drive-ins and Dives and decided to go there. It is a fun drive through the twisting roads past the beautiful country side. You arrive to a small intimate old building with great charm. The service was excellent, the food tasty, and the desert melted in my mouth. In fact you will want seconds.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

About three years ago, I just happened upon Wallace Station in the middle of horse farms outside of Lexington. I had a delicious breakfast panini then. This time I tried the big brown hamburger, with its porky additions of ham, bacon, and a tangy mornay sauce. While not the best burger I've ever eaten, it was tasty. Our server was friendly and offered touring suggestions.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Well, we had the hamburger, (because we saw it on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives.) It was fabulous!!!! While waiting on our food, we saw so many great looking dishes pass by us. Only wish we lived closer so we could try some of those dishes!!