“Excellent sandwiches and desserts” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wallace Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Versailles
Cuisines: American, Soups, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wallace Station, just outside Midway in the heart of Bluegrass horse country and on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, is a scenic stop for homemade sandwiches, soups, salads, an irresistable bakery case, and breakfast.
southern IN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent sandwiches and desserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This isn't a fancy place, but it is an excellent sandwich and dessert stop, and I stress excellent. The inside out hot brown sandwich is such a wonderful rendition of Kentucky goodness, and the bean soup and cornbread are simply tasty. All of the bread at Wallace station is top notch and the desserts do not disappoint. Chocolate pecan bourbon pie was amazing and my husband was a big fan of his giant gingersnap cookie. It is worth the drive to eat here. Indoor and outdoor seating are available.

Visited August 2014

Hickory, NC
“1st Triple D stop..Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Wanted to try this place due to Diners Drive Ins and Dives show ...Everything looked so scrumptious on tv and We drove a beautiful scenic road to get to this out of the way place...its old and filled with college aged kids making quick sandwiches. .nothing like what was advertised on Triple D...it was packed...had to sit out back..order the Big Brown Burger...not big at all...and definitely not appetizing...very disappointed ..basically no flavor and I ordered supposedly a homemade brownie...It was cold and dense and hardly edible...threw it in the trash after one bite...never have I thrown away a brownie. ..my friend order the pimento and ham pannini ...it was way better than mine...probably wont visit again...Triple D Show lied somewhere...

2 Thank jdanaya22
Louisville, Kentucky
“What a neat place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I took my family here for lunch and we all enjoyed the food. It was a little expensive, but worth it. The drive there through horse farm country was a great part of the experience. I will be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Arizona
“One sister two dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We try and stop here on our way to Columbus, OH. It is an out of the way place in an old building that I think use to be a store. We stop so that I can get a sausage cheese biscuit. They are great. I also like their pimento cheese, homemade so I pick up a sandwich for lunch. They make a Cuban that my sister loves and they have some desserts that are just great. So if you swing by try them they have a varied menu we take things that will travel well. You can eat inside or if the weather is nice outside. It is horse and farm country and very pretty.

• Visited May 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very rich, greasy at times but good food. Mostly sandwiches and soups. The desserts look amazing. I have always been too stuffed to try one. A bit pricey.

Visited July 2014