“A Must See”
Review of Wallace Station

Wallace Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Versailles
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Wallace Station, just outside Midway in the heart of Bluegrass horse country and on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, is a scenic stop for homemade sandwiches, soups, salads, an irresistable bakery case, and breakfast.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

What a unique place! Loved the atmosphere and the food. We want to visit again, the next time we are in Lexington.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The drive alone to this restaurant is amazing. It's a simple place with an order counter and diner style seating inside, but outside there is a great patio/picnic table seating. Our food (all 8 people in my group) was very yummy! My sandwich was humongous - I couldn't even finish it! The truffle fries are incredible too - a must try. Finally, I got the Woodford cookie and it was one of the best cookies I've ever had!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This isn't a fancy place, but it is an excellent sandwich and dessert stop, and I stress excellent. The inside out hot brown sandwich is such a wonderful rendition of Kentucky goodness, and the bean soup and cornbread are simply tasty. All of the bread at Wallace station is top notch and the desserts do not disappoint. Chocolate pecan bourbon pie was amazing and my husband was a big fan of his giant gingersnap cookie. It is worth the drive to eat here. Indoor and outdoor seating are available.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Wanted to try this place due to Diners Drive Ins and Dives show ...Everything looked so scrumptious on tv and We drove a beautiful scenic road to get to this out of the way place...its old and filled with college aged kids making quick sandwiches. .nothing like what was advertised on Triple D...it was packed...had to sit out back..order the Big Brown Burger...not big at all...and definitely not appetizing...very disappointed ..basically no flavor and I ordered supposedly a homemade brownie...It was cold and dense and hardly edible...threw it in the trash after one bite...never have I thrown away a brownie. ..my friend order the pimento and ham pannini ...it was way better than mine...probably wont visit again...Triple D Show lied somewhere...

2  Thank jdanaya22
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I took my family here for lunch and we all enjoyed the food. It was a little expensive, but worth it. The drive there through horse farm country was a great part of the experience. I will be back.

Been to Wallace Station? Share your experiences!